Chapter 66: Tannin

" That's enough, Tannin." Azazel said and the dragon stopped from his attacks.

" You two were with this dragon, Buchou?" Issei mumbled out in shock.

Rias nodded and replied.

"This ambush is simulated to determine your strength and attentiveness to defend yourself from sudden attacks."

" Why didn't you tell me, Ddraig?" asked Issei accusingly and the welsh dragon shrugged off his question."

"[You wouldn't fight seriously if we reveal that this is just a drill.]"

" The Welsh Dragon is right. Thanks to this drill, I was able to determine what type of training each of you would need."

" Who is that dragon, Rias-san?" Xenovia asked as she looked at the creature warily.

" This is Tannin. Also known as the Blaze Meteor Dragon. He is a former dragon king who is now reincarnated aa a devil."

The members were suprised hearing this.

" A dragon that was reincarnated as a devil?" Kiba said in disbelief.

"Well, Tannin is a special case." Azazel replied.

" How are you doing, Ddraig?"

"[I'm doing fine, Tannin. I was quite surprised seeing that we will encounter you here.]" 

" The same goes for me." chuckled Tannin. "I also didn't expect that I will encounter Voltaire on the same vicinity. His host is quite strong after managing to make me lose my balance."

Tannin remarked as he looked at the Goddess who was panting heavily and catching her breath.

" I must say, all of you put up a good fight. Especially you, Erin-chi." Azazel smirked. The Goddess didn't reply and had her head low. She was assisted by Asia who had a troubled look.

" Erin-san you're burning up!"

This got the group slightly alarmed and Rias immediately felt sorry.

" I'm sorry, minna. I feel guilty misleading you and tricking you."

" Don't be too soft on them, Rias." Azazel scoffed as he went down to approach the Goddess. " Your hesitation to go all out and instead go emotional is what makes you weak sometimes."

"It doesn't make me weak." Rias angrily protested but the Fallen ignored her. The man crouched down to check Erin's temperature instead.

"She is indeed burning up. This might be from the overuse of her energy earlier. It's a good thing she didn't pass out from executing such move." Azazel said and Tannin nodded at this.

"{Yes. But she is barely conscious and apprehensive right now. My host seem to have a blackout earlier and she wasn't thinking clearly. I apologize but I request that you let her rest just for a few hours.}"

Azazel agreed at this and Rias made up her decision.

"Understood. We shall make a detour and stay on a nearby hotel for this night."

Tsubaki and Azusa went to the Goddess' aide. The Fire wolf carried Erin bridal style who had her eyes closed the entire time and was panting heavily.

Kiba also assisted Koneko who also had her own troubled thoughts. Asia continued healing her injuries and Azazel inspected the degree of damage the group suffered.

"I'm certain that Ddraig's host hasn't reached Balance Breaker yet." Tannin said.

"You're right. He can only activate a Temporary form for now."