Chapter 129: Confession

- Long Chap ✏ -
_____________________________________

After their victory in the Rating game, the Goddess couldn't remember most of the events that transpired. All she could recall was the fact that she passed out several minutes after their win was announced.

"Ugh.." She groggily opened her eyes and noticed that she was lying on a hospital bed.

"Are you awake?"

The Goddess looked to her right and saw Sairaorg lying on the same bed, a few meters away from her

"Sairaorg.." uttered Erin in slight surprise

The man stared at her with a small smile and shifted his gaze forward

" Not bad. It may be the first time I've lost so satisfactorily. However, I do not remember the last moments of it."

"Well, I couldn't remember the things that happened after the fight, either." Erin replied. "I'm also not sure how long we stayed in this room."

" Hm. Same here." Sairaorg glanced at the Goddess before speaking. " There is only one thing I am sure of. It was the best battle of fists I have ever had."

"Of course. We even ended up in this state." chuckled Erin.

" For a lady, you can throw your punches well." Sairaorg said with a satisfied sigh. "I strangely feel great. I had no regrets requesting that fight with you."

*(Sliding Door Opens)*

" Excuse me."

" Sirzechs/Sirzechs-sama." greeted the two in unison as they tried to sat upright

"It's fine. Just stay as you are." spoke Sirzechs which made them at ease. He then informed them about the results of the match.

"Erin, Sairaorg. That was truly a great match. The higher ups were quite satisfied. That battle made everyone expect great things from the two of you."

Sirzechs went to sit on the chair beside Erin's bed.

" Sairaorg, may I speak with Erin for a moment?"

" Of course. Shall I excuse myself?"

"No. I want you to listen as well." Sirzechs faced the Goddess. " Erin, there is a discussion about you being promoted to mid-ranking devil."

" I'm being promoted?" The Goddess was slightly suprised. She didn't expect to get promoted that soon

" That's right. To be precise, it will be you, Kiba, Akeno, and Issei."

" I see.." Erin pondered on the words.
" Wow. It's just.. kind of fast-paced. "

"Your feats from the beginning made everyone look up at you. Added with the results of the game, everyone is counting on your future."

" Accept it, Erin." Sairaorg said with a grin. "You should become the Hero of the Underworld."

"I will tell you the details about the Promotion at another time." Sirzechs stood up. " Well, I shall take my leave."

After the Maou left, a comfortable silence enveloped Erin and Sairaorg. The latter was the first to break it by casually starting another conversation

"Getting promoted is great. But right now, you should think of Rias."

"That's..." a faint blush covered Erin's cheeks and Sairaorg faced her

" Why don't you tell her your feelings once again? This time, to her face. Just the two of you. Shouldn't you tell her your feelings again and confirm hers?"