Chapter 79: Akeno's Past

Short Notice: Long Chapter. This reached 3K+ words and is probably the longest chapter so far .
________________________________________

"Ah! I forgot about our last enemy!" Xenovia ruffled her hair in frustration as she was met by her pile of assignments.

"Why does Japan give homework after such a long break?" mumbled Asia and Xenovia's response was to fall back dramatically on the floor.

"It seems everyone else is already done with their homework."

"No. There are still others." smiled Asia as she remembered Erin and Issei.

The two are yet to finish their homework as well. Issei had the worst end as he was scrambling to finish a multitude of the work. He initially thought that he could get away with skipping his homework but Rias' words forced him to focus on his task.

"Unfinished homework because of a training camp reflects badly on me as your president. That's why, you have to finish it all."

"Argh! I know I know. But there'a still a ton of work I needed to finish!" whined Issei in frustration.

Erin fared better as she was only left with the subject deemed easy by others. However, the Goddess finds it hard and unreasonable.

"Tsk. Are the people really required to memorize these things? There are GPS that can track places already!"

"{ You know, I don't understand why you have difficulties in this aspect. Aren't you supposed to find this easy since your task as a Messenger requires you to visit various places in the past?}"

" That's exactly the reason, Voltaire." sighed Erin as she picked up a pencil.

"Because I've visited thousands of places before, I find it hard to remember such trivial things! I can only have a feel on where the direction is but I can't pin point with exact detail on where it is."

Voltaire chuckled before replying.

"{ It's just funny because you are struggling on the homework that seems so easy out of all those difficult subjects. But when it comes to the other homework that are obviously more complex, you finish it with ease.}"

" Yeah yeah. Go laugh at my struggles." said Erin with a roll of her eyes.

There was a knock on the door and Erin straightened on her seat.

" Come in."

Akeno entered carrying a tray of snacks.

" I've brought you some snacks. I just thought that you'll be needing it as you take a break from your task."

" Ah, thanks senpai." replied Erin as she adjusted her glasses. Akeno set the tray down on the table and gazed at the homework curiously.

" Ara? Is this the only homework you need to finish?"

Erin sighed as she leaned on her chair.

" Hai. I've finished the other subjects but I'm always stuck when it comes to identifying places, landmarks, or whatsoever."

Akeno blinked upon hearing this and released a chuckle afterwards.

"Fufu. I didn't imagine that you'll have difficulties in this aspect. I guess what Sebastian said was true after all."

" Senpai." Erin deadpanned.

"Gomen, gomen. I'm just amused that the almost perfect kouhai of mine is struggling on such an easy subject."

Erin heaved another sigh and the raven head pulled out another chair to sit beside her.

" Here. I'll help you answer this one."