Chapter 55: You're Special

Erin followed Rias as they descended down the stairs.

" Rias. Wait-

The Goddess walked faster to catch up to the red head. She eventually caught her arm so they can face each other.

"Why are you getting upset? Did something terrible happen?"

Rias averted her gaze and removed her hold.

"You should know the answer to that."

" Hah?" Erin was dumbfounded. "How am I supposed to know what it is?!"

" And you told me that you'll be sensitive to how I feel." Rias mumbled.

" How do you feel about Akeno?"

" What?"

" You see her as an amazing senpai, don't you?"

Erin nodded in confusion.

" Um yeah. She's a bad- I mean good person."

" What the heck, Am I about to say that she's a bad girl?" Erin was horrified at this new reflex.

" So you won't mind dating her, right?"

" Yeah I guess- What?."

Erin wasn't thinking when she said those words and Rias instantly narrowed her eyes at the response.

"So I was right. You like her and I'm the farthest to your attention. Even Asia is closer to you than me."

Rias continued walking and Erin was frozen in her spot.

" Are you gonna help with Gasper's training or are you gonna continue standing there?"

"Oh-Um. Yeah, I will help Gasper."
________________________________________

"{It seems that something is bothering you, my child.}"

Erin was in deep thought while she was on her way home.

" I don't know if I should be thinking about this or is it even a problem. But yeah.."

"{It's about Rias Gremory, right?}

Erin ruffled her hair in frustration.

" I don't get what she is so upset about. I was just retrieving the sword and following her orders. I mean what did I do? What, just because she saw me and Akeno about to kiss? she....."

Erin stopped in realization and Voltaire chuckled at her discovery.

"{ You finally understood why she was upset. Though your careless response earlier was the cherry on top.}"

" Oh my gawd." Erin face-palmed. " I keep forgetting that she supposedly have feelings for me."

" { Yes. And the fact that you keep on getting close with other people.}"

"But we're not dating?! What. Do I have to avoid getting into those situations just because she might get upset? It's not like I can predict those happening."

"{ But you have to correct her somehow. It was obvious from earlier that she thought she wasn't important to you.}"

" But- It's not like I have feelings for her.. or for anyone else." Erin mumbled.

"{Hm. But you still need to tell her the truth on what she really is to you. And you know her words aren't true earlier.}"

" Yeah. I know." sighed Erin in resignation.

When she arrived at her house, Issei and Asia already went to sleep. Same as the twins who were already in dream land.

The Godess was shocked to see Akeno on her room.