Chapter 67: Gremory Estate 🏤

Erin woke up and massaged her head. The events from yesterday were foggy on her mind and it was Voltaire's voice which shed a light on things.

"{ How are you feeling now?}"

"Fine.. but still a bit tired." Erin replied as she slowy rise. "What happened? I can't remember a majority of the events."

"{ You had a blackout. You lost control of yourself and nearly exhausted your powers to the point of draining every energy you got.}"

" I see.. it was that bad, huh?"

"{ Your memories must have triggered an intense feeling and past trauma to resurface. It was hard to reach out you. Fortunately, you only suffered a fever and didn't went unconscious for some days.}"

"Maybe I just got lucky."

Voltaire went silent for some moment before he continued speaking.

"{ You must find a way to counter those negative memories. Your feelings would get in the way and it'll be dangerous when you suddenly snap and lose focus.}"

" I know." replied Erin with a sigh. A knock was heard from the door and Rias entered, carrying a tray with a glass of water and medicine.

" Good morning." The red head greeted and once she set down the tray, she approached the Goddess and checked her temperature.

" Your temperature is back to normal. I'm glad it was just a fever and not some serious injury."

Erin went to take the medicine, muttering a 'thanks' to the red head.

"I'm sorry for worrying all of you and causing problems because of this."

"It's fine. It is my duty to look after my servants, after all." replied Rias with a smile as she touched Erin's face.

" But you're right. We were indeed worried. It wasn't usual for you to lose your cool and composure. Do you want to share anything? We would help you in whatever way we can." Rias said in a determined tone.

"It's fine. Yours and the others' support is enough."

" That's right. This is a personal matter which I should take care of." Erin sighed.

" Hmm. Just don't hesitate to ask anything, okay?" Rias said and hugged the Goddess which ended up with the latter being buried between the red head's breasts.

" Umpph!"

"Rias, what the heck?" Erin exclaimed as she broke away from the hold. " Are you trying to suffocate me?"

"I'm just trying to show affection to my servants." replied Rias mischievously.

"Strange, because if I do this to others like Issei for example, he would be overjoyed instead of being surprised like you."

"Well I'm not Issei." Erin rolled her eyes. "And you're right. You should do this to someone who enjoys the action instead of doing it to annoy me."

Rias chuckled at this and proceeded to squish her cheeks lightly.

"You're cute when you're jealous. There there, no need to feel that way."

Erin swatted her hands in annoyance.

" I'm not feeling anything remotely close to that. And if you're done teasing me for your own satisfaction then I would appreciate it if you get out so I can change for our next destination."

Rias only smiled at this and bent down to give her a quick peck on the cheek. When the red head left the room, Erin groaned in frustration.

" She is seriously annoying. Grrr. I hate her antics."