Chapter 57: Ambush

" Why are the other members stopped?"

" I'm certain this is the power of your other bishop, Rias." Sirzechs said.

" Hai. Gasper has the time-stopping ability. This means that the enemies have captured him and Koneko." Rias said in distaste.

" B-But why are we the only ones left moving?" Issei looked to Akeno and Asia who were affected by the spell.

" The enemies might have forced Gasper to construct a spell with Balance Breaker conditions." Sirzechs explained.

" Thank our dragons for shielding us from getting freezed." smirked Vali to Issei.

" Tsk. This is quite a hassle." said Kiba as he prepared his swords.

" I was able to seek the aid of your Boosted Gear, Issei. That's why I wasn't affected by the spell. Thank you." Rias said.

" How dare these insolent beings freeze my sister!" Serafall glared as she observed Sona's state.

Just then, several magic circles appeared in the sky and cloaked figures with an eye symbol emerged from it. They powered an energy blast to the guards guiding outside the room.

" If I'm not mistaken, these forces are magicians."

" Hmm. Looks like they are of mid-class level and type." Azazel spoke in interest.

" I should be the only magical girl in this area. How dare they cause havoc and ambush us."

The magicians vanished back and forth on mid-air as they released a barrage of attacks, succesfully reducing the number of reinforcements for the summit.

"Wha- How could they vanish that quickly?" Issei was surprised.

" The enemies are using teleportation magic. This means that someone is connected to the barrier within our troops."

" A-A traitor?" Irina spoke and locked eyes with Xenovia.

" Our magical transport troops are completely sealed off from us."

" So we've been cornered, huh?"

" I recommend that we must take an action soon." Sirzechs spoke as he observed the commotion. " If the enemies have somehow found a way to make Gasper stronger, none of us would survive."

" No one would be strong enough to beat him? How could Gasper have that much power?"

" It's because he is a mutated piece."

" Mutated.. didn't you mention that you reincarnated Erin using a mutated piece too?" asked Issei to the red head.

" Yes. A mutated piece is something that holds an immense power and potential. The bishop piece I used to turn Gasper should have required several chess pieces. However, I only ended up using one piece to turn him."

" Moreover, using a Mutated piece is like an extra piece. Because it is rarely used, having someone reincarnated using that piece may or may not take up the number of slots on a peerage. That's the reason why Rias was still able to acquire another Knight despite having Erin and Kiba already."

" I see..."

*(BOOM)*

" I hate to say this but if we don't do something about this vampire kid now, it will be difficult to fight back." Azazel informed.

" I won't let these terrorist magicians kidnap members of my househould while I'm here."

Rias turned to Sirzechs and proposed a plan.