History

I sat down at the table and smiled at Amy. She was reading a book and eating her breakfast at the same time. I have been here for three days and I have learned that she is sixteen years old. She is very sweet and she helps Satoni out around his house. We became close friends fast and I adored that about her. If I was going to be here for six months, it felt good to have friends at least. I looked down at the pancakes, bacon, and eggs on my plate. It smelled amazing and I was starving. I picked up my fork and sighed taking a bite out of the fluffy pancakes. Even though Amy was young, she was very skilled in the kitchen. She told me that she learned from her mother before her parents died. She told me that after her parents died, Satoni took her in and cared for her. She said that she wanted to repay him and that is why she helps cook and clean his mansion. I continued to eat silently because I didn't want to disturb her. She enjoyed reading and she seemed to be deep into the book. I looked up just as Satoni walked into the kitchen. He was shirtless and I had to force myself not to stare. He muttered a good morning and picked up his plate. Amy smiled at him returning the morning greeting. She asked him something in Italian and he nodded his head. He didn't pay me any attention, he walked out the kitchen taking his plate with him.

"Oh Athena, I didn't see you there. I'm sorry for being rude. Mattina, how are you?"

"Good morning, I'm doing good. How are you?" I gulped down the food in my mouth waiting on her response.

"I am good too. I was reading this book called Sleeping beauty and it has caught my attention." She placed the book down and started to eat her breakfast.

There were a few questions that I wanted to ask her but I'm unsure if she knew the answer. She was very smart when it came to the mafia families. I was curious to know more information about them.

"Do you know about the mafia families?"

She looked up and smiled, "of course. Do you have a question?"

I bit my lip, "yes. I want to know about them. You know, the history behind them. Satoni told me a little bit of information but nothing serious."

She sat up straight in her chair, "I'll be happy to help. As you know there are four mafia families. Each family rules a certain territory and some get along while others don't. I'll start with Satoni first since his family is the biggest and richest mafia family."

The Romano family originated in Rome Italy. The family was founded in 1954. Their territory started in Italy and they owned 75 percent of it at that time. In 1959 they went on to own the whole state of California. The family made their money by transporting drugs on top of owning many businesses. They have clubs, restaurants, and many other types of small businesses throughout Italy and California. They decided that they didn't want to be involved with drugs anymore in 1990. So, they dropped that and just focused on their businesses. Their family symbol is a lotus. The current leader of the family is Satoni Romano, age 25. He was born on August 20, 1995. He was born in Rome Italy. His mother's name is Alessa, her last name is unknown. She was eighteen years old when she gave birth to him. His father's name was Emilio Romano and he was twenty-eight at the time he was born. Alessa and Emilio were ten years apart and she was a one-night stand. They shared one night and she found herself pregnant. She had no desire to be involved with the mafia and Emilio did not want a wife that young. She gave birth to Satoni and gave him to his father. She has not been in his life at all. Satoni hasn't tried to find her and neither did his father. They said that if she desired to be in his life, she would find him. Satoni was very close to his father and he looked up to him. At the age of seven, he was taught how to use a gun. He was homeschooled due to his family being in the mafia. Public school wasn't a good idea and his father wanted him safe. He grew up very close to Giovanni and Matteo. They are his cousin's and currently his right-hand men. Satoni spent five years in Italy before he was moved to California with his father. His first language is Italian and he learned English fluently at the age of nine. At the age of eighteen Satoni took over the family and started to run the businesses for his father. Despite his father stepping down, they were still very close. Emilio stepped down due to finding love and finally getting married. The woman that he married had a daughter and now Satoni had a step-sister. Her name was Chiara and she committed suicide on her eighteenth birthday. Unfortunately, when he was twenty years old, his father died at the age of forty-nine. Emilio was shot in the arm but the bullet traveled to his chest. The family only has one enemy and that is the Grey's. The Grey familyhas always tried to take over their territory. They never respected the Romanofamily for being number one. Since the Grey family started, there has been warand bloodshed. Now that Satoni is head of the family, he tries to keep thingssimple with Vain.