Negative

Three Days Later

Three Days Later

I sat the freshly peed on tests on the sink and waited. I was nervous when the tests arrived today but I knew that I had to take them. It has been three days and I want to know the results. Satoni hasn't spoken to me and he stays in a separate room. This is our last week in Italy and I can't wait to go home and be around Kari. I miss her and she misses me and honestly, I need some girl time in my life. Being around only Satoni and his security has been such a horrible experience. I can't seem to understand what Satoni is thinking and he doesn't seem like he is going to talk to me anytime soon. Whether he wanted to talk to me or not, I needed to know if I was pregnant. Besides, I needed to know what my next step was going to be. I knew that I wasn't going to get an abortion because I didn't want to kill an innocent child. But I knew that being a single mother at eighteen was going to hurt me too. I was so ashamed of myself because I was going through this again. It was bad enough with Vain and now Satoni. I closed my eyes and sighed, I needed to get through this and I would. I knew that I would no matter what because I was a strong young woman. I gulped and stood up slowly walking over to the tests. My heart seemed like it skipped a beat as a read the not pregnant sign displayed on all three tests. I wasn't pregnant! That was amazing and it was a dream come true. He didn't seem like he wanted to talk to me so I would leave the tests in the kitchen. When he came home tonight, he would see them. Maybe that would make him happy. I knew that he said that he wasn't excited about a baby and I didn't want to ruin his life either. I closed my eyes and thanked God repeatedly. I knew that it was God who was watching over me and protected me from throwing my life away. I knew that he would bless me with children with the right man at the right time. I grabbed the tests and walked downstairs quickly. Satoni would be home at around nine and I needed to get dinner ready. My phone started to ring and I smiled down at the screen. It was Kari and I knew why she was calling.

I picked up my phone and pressed the answer button. "Hey."

"Hey, so what did the test say?" She asked giggling.

I shook my head, "it's negative. I'm not pregnant, Kari."

She giggled, "I knew that you weren't. But you should be getting your cycle soon. So, I sent some tampons and pads for you."

"Thank you, I don't know what I would do without you."

She smiled, "I know. Have you talked to Satoni?"

I sighed, "nope. He hasn't said anything to me in three days and honestly, I'm okay with it. I don't want to talk to him either."

"Athena, he cares about you. You have to understand that he was upset because he wants to protect you. You have to allow him to do that and you have to understand where he is coming from."

"I do, but he can't go through my stuff like that." I interrupted her before she could go on.

"That's true, but you have to build trust with him. Try talking to him tonight and see what happens."