Decisions

I was supposed to be meeting Satoni for dinner tonight

I was supposed to be meeting Satoni for dinner tonight. So much has happened since that day that I talked to Vain. I didn't want to talk to Satoni but Kari told me that it would be a good idea to talk to him and clear the air with him. I tried to fight with her but she insisted that I give him my answer one last time. I closed my eyes and forced myself to remember the day I came home after having dinner with Vain.

I walked into the house and Kari smiled walking out of the kitchen. She was walking towards me with a cup of hot chocolate. I stepped away from her quickly as she frowned at my reaction.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Don't come near me!"

She sat her cup down and held her hands up in surrender. "Athena, I don't know what is going on but will you talk to me."

I threw the folder at her and she caught it. She opened it and I watched as she went through the pictures. "Did you know about this?" I sobbed softly.

She looked at me and shook her head, "no. I don't know about any of this."

I stepped away from her when she tried to walk towards me again. "I want to leave right now."

"Okay, I'll take you wherever you need to go. But please will you talk to me?"

I placed my hand on my head and cried. I didn't know what to believe anymore. I wanted her help and I needed it but could I trust her?

"Athena, I don't know what is going on but let me help you. Tell me what you need and I'll help you."

I looked at her and wiped away my tears, "I need to get out of here. I want to go to the airport now."

"Okay, I'll help you."

While she helped me pack my bag, we were able to talk. I told her that I didn't want anything to do with Satoni. Not after everything that I saw. It was hard for me to trust him and his family. She told me that she understood where I was coming from and that she didn't blame me. After I calmed down, she told me that I should talk to Satoni at least. I didn't want to but I agreed to have dinner with him.

I opened my eyes and looked over at her. She smiled at me grabbed my hand. I squeezed her hand and took a deep breath climbing out of the car. She followed me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I love you and I respect your decision. I just hate that you will miss my wedding. Bae, promise me that you will still call me."

I rubbed her back as she sobbed softly, "I love you. I promise that I will call you as much as I can... bae."

She laughed and wiped away her tears. "Well, I better let you go. He will be waiting for you."

I nodded my head and turned my back to her. I needed to get going because I didn't want to be late. I walked towards the plane and smiled at Vain. He took my suitcase and bags as I climbed the steps to his private plane. He followed me inside and placed my suitcase on the bed.

"Are you ready?"

I looked at him, "I'm ready."

He cleared his throat, "did you tell him goodbye."

I stared at the window, "no. I planned to have dinner with him but I won't be attending. I'm sure that he will enjoy my gift since I was not able to make it tonight."

The plane engine started and I buckled my seatbelt slowly. This was it and there was no going back from here.

SATONI

I sat down at the table and waited patiently for Athena to come. Tonight, she was going to give me her final answer. I wanted to know why she was denying me and I wanted her to know that I was going to fight for her. I took a sip of my wine and stared down at the five-thousand-dollar necklace that I bought her. I wanted to prove to her that she wasn't like all the other girls that I dealt with. I wanted her to know that she was special to me and she would always be special to me. She was mine and she was going to be my wife. I looked up and smiled when I heard the clicking of high heels approaching. But my smile quickly faded when I saw Riley walking towards me. She took a seat at the table and smiled lifting the glass of wine to her lips.

"Hello, my love."

I frowned, "what are you doing here?"

She giggled, "oh, I'm here to deliver myself to you as a gift. Oh, and I have this beautiful ring."

She placed her glass down and I looked at her finger. I could feel my blood boiling when I saw the ring that I had given to Athena. What the hell was going on?

She held her finger up quickly, "don't jump to conclusions. Athena asked me to show up on her behalf."

"What do you mean? Where is she?"

She shrugged, "I don't know and I don't care. What are we having for dinner tonight? Or will you be eating me again?"

I stood up quickly and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I called Athena but I got the message that her phone was disconnected. I frowned and grabbed my keys. What the hell was going on?

ATHENA

I was free.

Free to live...free to love...free to make my own decisions. I was finally able to break away from the mafia. I was free to live a normal life. I wanted it so badly...and now it was going to be mine.

TO BE CONTINUED

TO BE CONTINUED....