Stunned.

I was breathing heavily, my body drenched in sweat and my face beat red. Elijah was asleep beside me. Holy shit,what just happened... no.
I look over at him. His lips were parted slighted, he was so handsome... I press my thighs together. I can't do this, he's an alpha, my alpha. As quickly and quietly as I can, I climb out of bed and speed walk out of his room, into mine, slaming the door behind me. I lean my forehead against it. "What just happened?" I mumble aloud, my breathing still heavy.

You know what just happened, you just had a very erotic dream about our Alpha.

I hear my wolfs voice in my head and I groan, turning around to lay the back of my head against the door.
How am I even supposed to look at him after this?
I put my face into my hands and lean forward. I should have seen this coming, I should have kept a further distance from him because now, I've succumb to my feelings for him and can do nothing about it.
I would never, could never take away Elijahs chance of being happy with his mate. And once he meets her, he'll love her, their connection unavoidable and instant. He'd be forced to choose and I know in the end I will no longer be his.

You're not his and if you keep it that way, he wouldn't have two choices to choose from.

I close my eyes in frustration. I am not his. The connection between my mate and I may be broken but Elijahs connection with his mate is yet to be discovered. And I can't be in the way when he finds her.
I turn to rip open my door, speed-walking into Cliff's room and plop down on the bed beside him. I shake him a bit. "I have a dilemma, wake up." He groans and turns away from me. This time I curl in close to him, "I said I have a dilemma!" and growl into his ear.
I slap the matress with my palms. He frowns and leans up angrily, rubbing at his eyes. "Okay, fine. What's wrong Kat?" He asks sweetly, his voice making me want to flick him in the face. I glare at his tone. "I had a very..  intimate dream about Elijah last night. Beside him." I whine. He chucks his pillow at me. "You woke me up cause of a dream?" He shakes his head and tosses me off his bed and onto the floor. "Ass" I mumble and lay on my back. "He's our mateless, Alpha. It would be selfish of me to start a relationship with someone who has a whole life ahead of him. I'd only get in the way. And even if things weren't so complicated and I actually was his, I could never be the Luna to our pack. Sure I can defend myself but I am no leader." I rant in frustration.
"C'mon, kat. Don't do this to yourself, don't stress over something that hasn't even happened yet." He replies, rolling his eyes. "What do you mean "yet,"? I ask rudely. "It's obvious he feels something for you, somethings going to happen at some point. And do you really want to disappoint the Alpha? If it comes down to it." He smirks, trying to get comfy in bed again. "Screw you, you are no help."
I get up from the floor and Cliff leans to grab my hand. "I think you'd make a beautiful, strong Luna... if it comes down to it." he smiles and I half smile, giving his hand a squeeze before strolling out of his room, heading down stairs I pass by the living room and walk through the kitchen.
Grabbing a piece of bacon from the bowl on the counter, I make my way through the back doors and outside, walking toward the trees. Its not long before I reach my tree. Grabbing a branch, I hoist myself up and begin climbing to a larger branch close to the top. I pulled myself up through the last couple branches before sitting down, straddling the bigger branch and leaning my back against the tree, my feet dangling over the edge on each side. I take a look at the view, memories of my time as a rogue were running through my brain.
Somehow being this high made me feel closer to the nature surrounding me.
There was a slight breeze that made the tree's rustle. Suddenly what looked a thick rush of wind curled through the air in front of me before blowing directly at my face. Squinting my eyes I shake my head and it stops after 5 seconds. What the hell? I look around through the trees and then down at the ground. I see Rebekah standing there, she gives me a small wave.
"Did you see that?" I shout down at her before climbing down and hopping off the last branch. I meet her gaze.

"I did see it." And she grins at me. I stare at her and she gives me another small wave, wiggling her fingers. "It was you wasn't it?" I laugh. "That sure was a strong gust of wind" I say and tuck my hair behind my ears. She laughs. "Sorry about that, still learning. I got the gift a on my birthday last week. I can control the elements." She tells me and I laugh. "Sorta." I reply and she gives me a fake glares. "I'll get there." She smiles. "Does Elijah know?" I ask. Nervous to say his name.
"Yeah, told him the day after. I was curious was to what was happening, wanted to see what I could do before going to see him." She flips he hair over her shoulder dramatically. "It's an amazing gift, Bekah. Congratulations!" I hug her. You see, you shift for the first time when you hit puberty, then at the age 16, we find our mates, mainly the females realize first. The males sometimes don't until they are 18 or older. And then once you've turned eighteen, you have the possibility of being gifted by our godess. Some do, some don't. No one will find out until it has hit them, it could be years into your life.
For all you know, you could be carrying the gift of breathing fire for the rest of your entire life, you just won't know and it will not rise until it is deeply needed or unless you will it to.

"So what were you doing up there?" she asks. "Just wanted some time to think. I come here sometimes for a walk or a run.

It is beautiful up there and part of me feels like the forest is safest and where I need to be. It's kind of an addicting feeling. Freedom.
I suppose it's how my wolf feels when I've shifted.

"That's a similar feeling I get when I use my gift. That little bit of release, whether it be from your anger or your sadness. And knowing there's something that can make you feel that way.. It's addicting, you're right." she replies sadly and I try and give her my best smile.
"Did you wanna show me something else you can do?" I ask happily, trying to cheer her up. She grins at me before walking just past the tree to a pile of grassy dirt, scooping up a hand full before coming back to join me.
"I was practicing this last night." She mumbles and shuts her hands so I can no longer see the soil. I watch as she closes her eyes, taking a small breath in and breathes out slowly, repeating herself there times before she open her eyes and meets mine with the same huge grin as before.
She opens her hands, showing me the scoop of soil and little specks of grass.
There's grass growing in my best friends hands. "You've just made something grow, in dirt in your hands... that's such a strange sentence but it's such a beautiful gift Bek..." I trail off now and again, pinching the grass in her hand between my fingers. I can't believe what I'm seeing.
She laughs at my reaction before placing the scoop of dirt back where it belongs, filling in the little wholes with more dirt.

"It would be nice to have something to make me just that bit more unique." I whisper into the silence. "Werewolf's are pretty unique as is, but I understand what you mean by that little bit more," she laughs and looking down at her hands. "It sure is something..." Rebekah says to herself and I smile at her.
"Change of topic," I state and we start walking toward the pack house.
I tell her about my dream and how I spoke to Cliff. She rolls her eyes at the fact I even went in there and I groan in agreement, him suggesting the "yet" would be happening soon.
I ask her what she thinks I should do about it and her reply is quick. "Do not say anything to him." She states. You and I both know how this'll end. You'll feel guilty and end up hurt, and it wouldn't be fair to him, to either of you." She whines, wanting me to listen. "Or I could just tell him... see what he says and just see how things go..." I mumble and we both laugh at the idea. "I'll keep this to myself." I say as confirmation and she nods in agreement just as we reach the pack house doors

All I had to do was keep him at a friendly distance.

_______________________________

KINDA SHORT, SORRY GUYS!!! MORE WILL BE UP SOON!! BUT THIS HAS BEEN CHAPTER EIGHT!!! :)

So what type of power would you want if you could be gifted with one? COMMENT BELOW ANSWERS. :)<3 I think I would want.... Huh. I think i'd actually want Rebekah's gift! Haha.

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN!! THANKYOUUU<3333333 c: