Step up

*** Contains a swearing***

"Clear the room." His voice is strong, demanding. Everyone starts to leave the room, quietly obeying. He closes the door behind him. It keep my pack and my brother near me. Renee is beside him. My wolf cowers herself away in the back of my mind, scared by his voice. I look up, meeting the bone-chilling stare from my former alpha.

"Where did you go?" Kol snaps.
I flinch, eyes to the floor on instinct and into Elijah's arms again. Figures all my strength disappears. Cliff and Joel come to stand beside us, Elijah lifts my chin up, "There is no need to hide." My lips part. And I turn steadily to meet Kol's gaze.
"Where the fuck did you go Katerina?" He snaps. I hear Cliff growl in response but Kol's eyes don't leave mine.
"I ran. Like I should have done years ago." I state, glaring back at him with a new sense of courage. "I know you ran, we felt you leave!" He growls, his voice alone showing his strength. "You left with leaving a single note, Katerina. One that talked about you seeing your parents again for fucks sakes. This pack searched for months trying to find you. They thought you were dead!" he shouted.
"Because you didn't tell them any different! You fucking knew I was alive, all that time you knew because you would have felt it if I died you piece of shit!" I growl. Elijah tightens his grip on me as I begin trying to step forward. "I was your mate. I still your mate. You couldn't admit that to the pack though, could you? Instead you let everyone believe the worst." I've stepped as far forward as Elijah will let me. I take a look back at him, my arm stretched out and holding his hand. I have to remember what's good.
I take a deep breath, slowly turn around to meet Kol's gaze and in a deathly calm voice I say, "You're a sad excuse for an alpha." And I turn my back on him, curling into Elijahs arms once again.
Cliff steps forward growling and I assume it's because Kol tried to reach for me.
"Leave. Her. Alone." He snarls.
"She can fight her own battles I'm sure." Kol responds in anger. Cliff bares his teeth and snarls at him, Kol creeping closer and growling as well. And before I know it, there's a fight. "Cliff, enough!" I scream. "Guys c'mon, we just got here!" Rebekah yells in the back.
Ace is trying to pull Kol away until finally, "Enough!" Elijah orders. Instantly Cliff looks at his alpha and Joel growls, yanking Cliff off of Kol. "He's not worth it!" Joel tells him, and Cliff gets up from the floor, his body shaking with anger. "You're right." He walks toward me, pulling me into his arms.
Kols face falls at the sight before anger quickly takes over again.

The energy in the room is thick with negative emotions. I have three male wolves desperate to pounce on the asshole who ruined everything for me. Four, since my brother was glaring and shaking to my left.
I realize then what I should have before, nothing is going to happen to me.
"Cliff, I'm okay." I tell him. He glares hard in Kol's direction, once again looking like he'll lunge. "Clifford." I whisper and he looks at me with sad eyes. "You of all people know how strong I am. Let me prove it to them. I'll be okay." He smiles at me and he lets out a laugh before letting me go back into Elijahs side. I feel him breathe a sigh of relief.

"I assume you're with him." Kol says glaring. "That's none of your business." Rebekah states clearly. "I wasn't asking you." He spits back at Rebekah. She rolls her eyes as Joel snaps, "Watch it!" Kol ignores him. "Katerina?" He asks me. I glare at him, how dare he talk to Rebekah like that. Before I can respond, Elijah does it for me. "Yes, Katerina is with me. I am hers. You can be sure that will not change." His tone makes me gasp, and I mumble under my breath, "Thank you." He smirks down at me.
Kol growls, breaking my thoughts.
"Shut up! You wouldn't want your mate to get mad." I snap at him glaring. "You're right. I wouldn't. It's a good thing she's not here in the room right now huh?" He said after a moment of thinking. I flinched slightly at his agreeing but hid it with a snarl. Elijah kisses my neck slowly. "Relax, my love." He says gently, sort of loud for everyone to hear. I liked that he was making Kol jealous. Good for nothing ass, I thought starring back at him.