~8~

Pete swung open Frank's bedroom door and tore the blankets of the sleeping boy. "Pete... What the fuck." Frank groaned and tried to grab the blankets out of Pete's hands.

Frank looked over at the clock on his table. 6:30. "Pete! 6am? Really?" Pete crossed his arms, "Guess what Mikey just told me." Pete said. Frank raised an eyebrow, "Why are you and Mikey talking at 6am?" Pete waved his hand in the air to signal it doesn't matter. "Ugh. What did he tell you Pete?" Frank said in a sarcastic tone. "There's an open mic at the bar today. You should perform." Frank scoffed, "What makes you think I can sing?" Pete rolled his eyes, "Because you can sing, you dumbass. Get up, wear something nice." Frank flipped Pete off as he walked out his bedroom.

~

Frank put on his colorful socks and walked into the kitchen to see Pete making omelettes. "When did you learn how to cook?" Frank asked, "I've always known how to cook." Frank laughed. "What?" Pete asked, "You don't know how to cook. I've known you since the 1st grade man. We've lived together for 6 years. You have never cooked in your life." Pete huffed. "Mikey taught me." Pete whispered.

"So... You and Mikey? Are you guys... You know, like a thing." Pete chuckled, "You're 26 Frank, you can ask if we're dating, this isn't middle school. And to answer your question, yes." Frank smiled, "Good for you." Pete smiled, "I haven't heard you compliment me in years. Did someone drug you again?" Frank rolled his eyes, "Shut it Pete." Pete laughed and put a omelette on a plate. "That's the Frank I know. Eat up, no meat for the prince." Frank rolled his eyes, "At least I don't have a dead animal in my omelette." Pete hummed, "It's a delicous dead animal." Frank scoffed, "You disgust me." "Love you too Frank!"

~

"You should sing an original." Pete recommended. "I'm not sure Pete. I'm not great at lyrics." Pete scoffed, "Bullshit. You're an amazing musician." Frank shrugged and grabbed his acoustic guitar. "Sing me something." Pete demanded.

Frank sighed and tried to think of a song he wrote. He got his fingers in place and started strumming.

"I hope somebody misses me when I'm gone
I hope somebody misses me when I'm gone
I know it ain't right to want someone to cry, I just hope you miss me when I'm gone
I just wish I knew which way I was going
I know I've loved you all my life.
I swear I've loved you all along.
From the first time I laid eyes, until the day I die, I know I'll love you until the end of time
If you cross my heart I'll hope to die.
It's been this way all my life
I swear I've been a loser all my goddamned life
Some people, they get up after life has beat them down
Pretty sure I never made a sound.
Hell, I don't think I ever got off the ground
But the place that we end, ain't always where we began
And since I'm telling the truth, I just hope I end up with you in my arms
I hope somebody notices I was here
I hope somebody notices me while I'm here"

There was a moment of silence before Pete started clapping. "Shit man. That was amazing. You made me cry you dick." Pete sniffed. Frank chuckled and set the guitar down on the couch. "Was that alright?" Pete nodded, "It was perfect."

AN

FRANK:

-GROOVYLADY

-GROOVYLADY