Part 05 | You're Still The Same

Y/n's perspective :

"Yoo.. Yoongi..?" I say with google-eyed face.

"Y.. y/n." He says back in response.

I look at Taehyung in angst and he gives me a concerned smile, which kind of relaxes me. But, I still have no idea what's going on here.

"What's going on?" I ask Taehyung in panic.

"Well.. he wants to see you itseems." Namjoon answers as he pulls Taehyung's collar and take him into his room.

"Wait- where are you both go.. Oh." I call to them, but then I realise they want me to talk to Yoongi alone.

I slowly turn around to face him and see him already staring at me with a blank face.

Why does he put on that stupid blank face every single time. It feels still hard to read his mind, inspite of being a psychology student.

I make my way towards him and look at him.

"What do you want?" I ask him coldly.

Shit. I don't want it to come out that cold.

He still puts on the same face and says, "I.. just came here on a for visiting and got to know that you live here. So.. I thought of meeting you once."

I look at him with an annoyed face, because he and me both know that it's not true.

"...okay, okay. I already saw you that day in the cafe, but.. It felt kind of awkward to face you again. And so.. I.. I didn't talk to you that day."

Wait- that's it?

"That's all? You felt awkward and went away without even looking at my face? Do you know how bad I felt after that day? I thought you don't even remember me."

"I'm sorry y/n. You know right.. I'm not good in those situations."

"Well, you say this one reason for everything."

"Hey, it's not like that... Okay then, tell me, why didn't you try to talk to me that day?" He asks me all of a sudden, receiving silence as my reply.

"See.. you have no answer too." He says defending himself.

"But.. but- that doesn't make what you did right. You are the one who made that situation awkward. If you accepted my apology three years ago, we would've been fine by now." I say as both of our eyes wide open.

Oh my god. Why did I open up like that?

I look up at him and notice his furrowed eyebrows.

"Yoongi.. I'm sorry to say it out like that. You may have your own personal reasons to not talk to me, back in that time. But, you don't know how much I hated myself after that. It made me feel like, I'm the one who caused the whole mess. I'm the only one responsible for all of that. And, that's why I came to apologise to you, but you turned your back against me. And, that made me more hurt. It hurts me more, when I see someone get hurt because of me. And, it hurts me the most, when I see my.. my best friend get hurt because of me... " I slowly trail off.

He stares at me, as I stare into the air.

"...I'm sorry y/n." He says.

I look up at him and see his culpable face.

"I'm genuinely sorry. It's just- I felt so bad, that you left me like that for no reason. But, I admit it, I still regret that I ran down the terrace, leaving you alone that day. Please, please forgive me..." He says in a breaking tone.