Part 25 | Promise Me

Y/n's perspective :

"Huh? Why you asking this all of a sudden?" I say.

"You're dull.. I've never seen you this dull while you're eating pizza. Has something been bothering you? Is it because of that girl or something?"

"Why would I be upset because of her?"

"I really don't like her. She never used to even talk to me in the Uni. On the graduation day, everyone got to know that I'm the son of one of the biggest company's CEO in Korea and that's when she started getting interested in me. I ignored her somehow. She tried to talk to me on prpm day too. She's quite popular and rich too. But trust me, she's nothing. I don't at all like her."

"Did I ask all this now? I'm fine Yoongi. Don't worry."

"You and me both know that you are not."

I roll my eyes.

"I told you it's nothing. Don't ask me so many times. You don't need to be that worried about me. I should go and study. Drop me at the dorm."

"F-fine. If you want to.." He says in a low tone.

Did I.. did I just say that? Oh no, did I upset him or something?

The rest of the journey is silent as the destination arrives in a blink. He halts the car and pulls the hand break. He doesn't even look at me and keeps tapping his fingers on the steering.

"Yoongi." I call him.

"Mmhmm." He hums.

"You mad at me now?"

"Why will I be? 'I don't need to be that worried about you' right?"

He definitely is upset now.

"Yoongi.. I'm sorry. I didn't say that on purpose. I was just thinking about something else and just said this out."

"Why you being sorry now. It's me who has to be. 'I shouldn't have asked you so many times.' It's my fault."

"Yoongi please. I'm sorry.. I didn't wanted to say all that. I really don't know what has gotten into me. Forgive me please." I say, as my voice cracks a bit.

"No I-" Yoongi turns to look at me as his furious look changes into a panicking one.

"You.. you crying?" He asks.

I myself haven't realized the droplets dripping down the apples of my cheeks. Before I wipe them off, Yoongi's hands raises to my cheeks and wipes them off.

"What's wrong y/n..?" He asks gently.

"I.. don't know Yoongi.. I don't know how to tell you.."

Honestly, the exams are getting on my nerves and then this girl came. It's all fine now, that Yoongi doesn't like her back. But, how do I tell him that I like him? It just feels impossible for me to tell him that.

"Y/n.." He comes closer removing his seat belt.

He hugs me as my head rests on his chest for a while. Though it's uncomfortable and all, it feels nice. I break the hug and look at him.

"I'll be fine Yoongi, don't worry. You know.. mood swings.. That's all." I say sniffing in between.

I exhale and unbelt my seat belt and open the car door.

"Goodnight Yoongi." I say and get out of the car.

"Y/n.. Wait!" Yoongi gets down too.

"Y/n. Listen." He comes closer and holds my palms in his.