Part 19 | Granny

I am so sorry for posting late today. Stuck with college. 💀

Y/n's perspective :

My eyes land on the unfamiliar yet familiar person. My eyes lit up with delight as I see her.

Granny!

I go running to her as she looks delighted too.

"Oh my God! Granny! I didn't expect this!" I squeal in happiness.

"I didn't too.." She squeals too.

"Wait- you both know each other already?" Jin asks.

"Of course, we do! We knew each other since her high-school days. We're in fact bus mates back then. What I didn't knew is that you both are friends." She says.

"Wait- Jin, aren't you going to tell me how'd you meet her?"

"Meet her? I'm her granny y/n. You remember? That day when we met, I told you that I came here to visit my grandson. This is him!" She says.

I freeze at her words.

If Jin's her grandson, then I'll be.. her granddaughter too..

My eyes stare into confused eyes. She pats Jin's elbow and asks what's happening. Jin turns towards her with a smile.

"She's our aunt's daughter. Your own granddaughter." He says smiling, as her eyes widens too.

"Today is her birthday too. So, it's a surprise for both of you." He says smiling at me.

Tears start dripping down her wrinkled eyes as she comes closer and cups my right cheek with her hand. She looks at me with teary yet happy eyes and hugs me tightly. I hug her and let a few water droplets fall on her shoulder.

We break the hug as she pulls Jin closer and hugs him too. I wipe my watery cheeks not caring about my make up anymore and let out a few sniffles before hugging the wide shouldered guy.

"Thank you Jinnie." I say looking up at him.

He pats my head and side hugs me again.

"You know, that day I came to the cafe to tell you about this. That's when Yoongi called me and told me about this secret party. So when I realized grandma and your birthdays are on the same day, I thought it would be better to tell you both on that day."

He says side hugging granny. All of us smile at each other. I look at Yoongi and give him a warm thank you smile. He smiles back at me.

"Even though, we've known each other since so long, I never knew she's my grandma. I'm just glad she is!" I say smiling widely.

"Me too." She says brushing her fingers through my hair.

"Me three! If you're y/n's grandma, then you're our grandma too!" Jimin says excitedly.

All of them laughs, as she hugs Jimin, realizing him. I introduce all the boys to her as she greets everyone with that warm smile.

"Oh Yoongi. It's nice to see you again." She says seeing Yoongi.

Yoongi gives a small smile with a bow, as she goes and hugs him.

"Well, your girlfriend is my granddaughter. It sounds good, doesn't it?" She says.

I don't know what sounds good. Is that her being my grandmother? Or him being my boyfriend..?

The people in the room lets out a few confused 'whats', as I stand there speechless. Some of them starts making noises and coughing dramatically. That's why I call them idiots. Yoongi gives her an awkward smile after a few seconds of silence. Not even a single soul in the room utters a word.