Part 16 | I'm Sorry

>After a few days.

Y/n's perspective :

I feel a tap on my shoulder halting my pen from writing the answer further. I look behind my shoulder to see my classmate telling to look somewhere else. I look in the direction of his index finger and see Tae in the second row, fifth desk, looking at me who's sitting in the third row fourth desk. He shows a 'number 2' with his index and middle fingers indicating me to answer that question. I look at my question paper and check the second question.

Is he serious right now? I made him study this yesterday!!

I look back at him, trying to hide myself from the invigilator and give him a grumpy face. He gives me a pleading look, with which I understand that he forgot the answer.

Why are you like this Tae?

I sigh in defeat and hold my forehead turning back to look at my answer sheet. I throw a glance at Joon who's sitting in the second desk, second row, who's not at all interested to care about any other human being in the world. He's in his own world, attempting all the questions, including the choice ones. I look back at Tae.

I mouth him the answer while he catches every word just in a single attempt. A victory smile is seen on his face as I complete mouthing him the answer without being caught by the invigilator.

The telepathy between us is better than the telepathy between actual couples. I'm proud.

I give him a stern look after, telepathing him to attempt the rest of the questions on his own. He winks at me and gives me a confident look telepathing me back, that he can do it. We exchange roughish smiles until we hear a voice.

"Ahem. You both." Our invigilator hums, shrugging at both of us, while nodding his head horizontally with a displeasent face. 

I immediately turn my look back to my answer sheet, hiding my face. I slowly glance at Joon, hoping he didn't see all of this. But to my horror, he's already giving me looks.

The heck. He didn't know about this, did he? He'd murder me if he does.

I finish writing my exam and leave the exam hall seeing Tae scribbling the last answers on his answer sheet furiously. I go out and see Joon, who's tapping his right foot on the floor, hands crossed and an eyebrow raised, giving me looks.

Heck. He saw us.

I wave and approach him with a nervous smile on my face.

"What was that?" He asks in a demanding tone.

"Uh.. what was what?"

He just tilts his neck from right to left side looking down at me. That is enough for me to blurt the truth out.

"Okay, I'm sorry. But, that was just one answer-"

"No y/n! All of the answers were the ones we made him study yesterday!"

"Yeah, but he wrote the rest of them by his own, it's just one answer!"

"If you leave him without answering, then he would've realized his mistake and studied better the next time."

"May be, but you know him. He'll do it better when we pamper him, not punish him. If I didn't tell him the answer he'd get hurt and think that we betrayed him."

"Nuff y/n. You think that I don't know about you helping him with at least one answer in every test? I know everything, but I was staying quiet, because I want to see if he'll ever change. He's not a child to get pampered anymore. You know what, let it be. I don't think the kid will change." He says shrugging.