Part 14 | Freezing Cool

Y/n's perspective :

I remain silent as Yoongi takes my right wrist into his hands examining that bracelet more closely.

"This.. this is the same one.. I gifted you for.. your birthday right..?" He asks staring at me wide eyed.

"You think you're the only one who doesn't throw away the first gifts given by their high school best friend? If you think so, then you are wrong gentleman. You're not the only one. I'm on the list too." I say looking at him with my chin up, curved into a smile, and my eyebrows raised.

I give him a small proud smile as he slowly starts smiling back at me.

His eye lashes along with his eyes moves up again to look at mine with that smile still remaining on his face

That's when I suddenly realise the butterflies crawling my legs up. I stare at his cat eyes as he does the same. My hand is still in his both hands as he starts rubbing it slowly with his thumbs. The crawling butterflies increase their speed and are running at the speed of light in my stomach now.

I wish I can help myself from falling more and more deeper for him, but unfortunately it's not that easy. It feels like this moment can last forever and still I can't get tired of it. We stay like that for 'Gods in the heaven' knows how much time. I then see his tiny eyes blinking more than usual. Probably he came back to his senses. And, that brings me back too.

We break the eye contact and look everywhere else except each other's eyes. He then turns towards the lake again. To my holy terror, he doesn't leave my palm. He holds my right palm intertwining with his left hand fingers. I don't even want to imagine what kind of dark tomato I'm now.

We stand beside each other, looking at the bright moon that's surrounded by the twinkle stars in the night sky. It's so beautiful. No, let me correct it. It's the second beautiful thing. The first beautiful thing is standing beside me. Holding my hand.

I look at him and realise that I'm only until his shoulder. It's not a bad height, but we used to be same height when we were in high school. He's now taller than me. I look up at his face and see that moonlight + electrical light is falling on his already bright face. I can look at that face for hours and not get bored.

But, looks like he isn't going to give me that chance. He looks over at me and my panicked self starts panicking. I tug a lock of hair behind my hair, but I can't understand why it isn't going in. It keeps on coming out. I feel that lock of hair finally being settled behind my ear, but to my horror it's not my hand which did that.

What the fish?

"How many times you gonna miss that? You seriously can't do one thing without anyone's help?" He says, as he removes his hand from behind my ear.

You are the cause of my thanatophobia~

I just put my head down and stay silent. I feel his gaze on me, which results in the escalation of my heart pulsation. I can see a small smile on his face from the corner of my eye. Cool breeze hits my back, sending chills through my already freezed body. I grab onto his arm and hug it.