chapter 35~ tutorials & shenanigans

I was awoken by the ear- splitting ring of my phone. My eyes fluttered open indolently and I stared unblinkingly at my surroundings trying to make sense of where exactly I was and how I'd gotten there.

I had drifted off to sleep on the couch while watching the TV, they tend to show better contents on Saturdays than any other day.

I blinked my eyes rapidly in a bid to clear the haze my nap had put me in as i reached for my still ringing phone. It was from a private number, Cole. I tried to slide the receive button but the call had hung up already.

I lazily decided to text him instead

Me: you called?

Private number: will you come over or should I come over?

"Huh" I muttered aloud, my sleepy brain was having a bit of trouble processing the information

Me: I don't understand

Me: why? What's going on

Private number: the math tutorial. Ring a bell?

"Oh" I mouthed in realization

Me: I guess

Private number: so??

I thought it over. It was preferable he came over to my house. It was a Saturday, my mom was present so the tendency of him engaging in any shenanigan would be very low, if not non-existent.

Me: come over

It wasn't like he didn't know my house address anyway.

Private number: scared Olivia?

I recognized the line immediately, it was from a scene in Harry Potter. Draco Malfoy had smirked at Harry and went "scared Potter?." I chuckled at the memory.

Me: No

Me: but isn't it a bit too early?

Private number: 3pm is too early?

Me: maybe

Private number: what would you rather I came? 6pm when you're mentally exhausted already?

Private number: sheesh

Private number: I'm coming over

Me: ok

"Stubborn mule." I grunted before lazily trudging to the bathroom and taking an unhurriedly meticulous shower.

I laid in my towel for a few minutes wondering if it were crocodiles that swam in waters and alligators that lived on land or was it the other way round I couldn't accurately recall. I could have easily researched it but what's the fun in that?.

I must have been deliberating on it for quiet some time because my mom soon came over to announce "there's a young man who's come over to see you."

"Who?" I asked just to be sure

"Cole, the guy you've been trying to conceal from me." My mom chuckled

"I've not been hiding him from you, mom." I groaned as I got up and tightened the towel around myself to prevent it from falling off. My eyes caught on to a package my mom had in her hands.

"Mom, what's that you have in your hands?" I asked curiously

"Donuts, he gave them to me." She giggled as she opened the lid of the box revealing the various inviting assortments of doughnuts to me before closing it quickly again.