chapter 45~ night convos

A/N: I genuinely apologize for this chapter being late. Thanks for being patient and sticking around.💙💙💙💙

Cole leaned down until he was eye level with the door's lock surveying it meticulously he stated "she definitely picked the lock, crafty woman."

He swung the door to his room open. His room was methodically organized, with the entirety of it from his walls down to his doors to his furnitures, to the curtains and even to the frames on the walls being either in black or white colors or an artistic blend of both colors at once.

I noticed a cozy corner with a single chair in front of a study desk stacked with a collection of menacingly large books and beside it was a large personal computer. His room was put together simply and in an orderly manner leaving absolutely no fragment or speck of his true nature. By observing people's rooms one could usually make a few accurate predictions on the owner's behavioural traits but Cole's gave away nothing aside the fact that he valued neatness.

What captivated my attention and glee simulateneously was the bed, it was the only thing that defied the colour code of his room. The bedspread consisted of an array of varying splotches of vibrant colors dripping from the donuts painted on the sheets, even the cushions mirrored the design of the bedspread.

Cole must have noticed my attention on the donuts because he remarked with a pleased smile "like the spread?"

"It's cool, very eye-catching i must say. Did you pick it out yourself ?" I inquired curiously

"In a way you could say that I did." He replied with a cryptic smile

I was just about to ask him what that meant when he patted the left side of his bed "I'll sleep on this side and you'll sleep on the right side."

"Why can't I sleep on the left side and you'll sleep on the right side?" I queried

"I don't know how active you are in sleep, I don't want you to roll over." He clarified

"I don't usually roll around when I'm asleep but alright I'll take the right side." I shrugged off my bag and placed it by the side of the bed

"Would you like to take a quick shower before you sleep?, The door is pretty well secured." Cole signalled my attention to the  white door with a nod of his head

"No silly tricks" I warned but it came out as more of a question

"C'mon you hurt my feelings when you say things like that." He forced a smile through gritted teeth, I resisted the urge to convulse with laughter, he looked goofy with that smile.

I complied and padded into the bathroom, the outfit I'd be changing into, a baggy trouser and a baggy T-shirt hoisted over my shoulder. I secured the door with the bolt and disrobed nimbly, discarding my clothes in a heap on the sink.

I stepped into the bathtub and turned on the shower. I had utterly no control over the lusty shriek that fled my lungs, the water was frigid.

I heard Cole's obscured voice bellow from outside "Are you alright in there?"

"The water's too cold." I protested loudly

"Turn it counterclockwise two times." His muffled voice came through again

I obeyed, the water that jetted out was warm and nice "it's alright now. Thanks."

He murmured something I couldn't quite make out, knowing Cole he was probably teasing me.

I hastily showered and garbed myself with the change of clothes I'd brought along into the bathroom, not my usual choice when it came to hand-picking a night apparel but I had kept in mind the fact that I wasn't snoozing in my own home, no need to get unduly relaxed.