chapter 46~ the morning after

I roused to the feeling of a strong pair of arms swathed around my belly firmly and a presence pressed up against me. My eyes fluttered as i blearily attempted to discern where I was and what exactly was going on at that moment. I began to slowly make sense of where I was, i was at Cole's house having a sleepover which could only mean one thing, it was Cole pressing up against me.

I made an effort to wriggle out of his vice-like grip but alas it was to no avail, even while asleep his grasp was still very much unshakeable. I shook my head lightly to keep my thoughts from straying and continued my attempts to squiggle out of his grasp. After several ineffectual tries i decided to try tapping his arm lightly, all efforts were futile. I tried the taps this time a little harder he still didn't budge.

I exhaled and mouthed to myself "Only one thing left to do now."

I pinched Cole's arm and to my utter astonishment, he chuckled before mumbling out an "ouch."

His hands slithered off my waist reluctantly and I sat up to gape at him "you were awake all this while?"

"Told you I'm a light sleeper." Cole replied, his eyes still shut.

"How come you're not on your side of the bed?" I asked perplexed

"There was no explicit rule that I couldn't roll over to yours." Cole grinned his eyes still closed

"That explained why your grip on me was so tight." I observed with a nod

He rubbed at his eyes shortly before yawning a reply "you're like a soft squishy pillow."

I resolved it was best not to reply him, opting instead to reach my hand out to the study table for the canned drink lady Lucy had brought for me the night before. I opened the drink and took a lengthy swig from it before reaching for my phone in a bid to check the time. It was 8am, time to go take a bath.

"I'm going to take a shower now." I announced, it was his room after all I couldn't be making autonomous decisions.

"A shower?" He mumbled sleepily

"Yes bro, a shower." I replied before making an attempt to rise from the bed. Cole pulled me back down seemingly effortlessly and placed his right leg over my left leg.

"What have I said about calling me bro?" He asked, his eyes were no longer shut.

"Not to, I'm sorry I did. Can you get up from me now?" I demanded

"What was that? I didn't quite catch it." He smiled

I sighed "I'm sorry I called you bro. Can you let go now?"

"Okay." He grinned rolling off me

I picked up my change of outfit from my bag, a pair of dungarees and a plain white shirt. I stopped short when I recalled something.

"What's wrong?" Cole demanded noticing my frozen stance

"I forgot to bring my brush." I groaned

"I have an extra one, I'll hand it to you." He rose up and handed me a new brush still in it's plastic shell from the first compartment of his drawer.

"Thanks." I stated simply and proceeded into the bathroom but not before bundling my hair up to hamper it from getting wet. I took a brisk but thorough bath, brushed my teeth then changed into my outfit quickly before walking out.

He smiled "you look good."

"Thank you." I replied with a teensy smile

"I have to take pictures of us." He reached for his phone and patted the side of his side.