chapter 47~ three's a crowd

A/N: please don't forget to vote, comment and most importantly follow me. Thank youuu💙💙💙.

I jammed in my earphones and began to play Melanie Martinez song, soap when Cole took one earphone out and slid it into his left ear in one quick fell swoop.

"Heyy!" I objected but he ignored me, his lips curving to form a rascally smirk

"Darling you're just soaking in it but I know you'll get out the minute you notice all your fingers pruning off." Cole sang in an impressive vibrato. It was glisteningly apparent why he became the president of the music club.

"Show off." I uttered lowly

"Your mumble game desperately needs to improve." He tsked tsked as he gently pulled out the earphone and made to hand them over.

I stuck out my right hand in an attempt to take it from him but he deftly pulled it out of my reach.

I groaned out a "Don't do this to me." I could vividly recollect occasions from years back when my friends would do this exact thing to me and one lesson I'd learnt is this. Don't reach for whatever item they were keeping out of your reach. Once you do, you automatically make the game fun for the other person and much more irksome for yourself.

"Let's do a bargain." Cole suggested, a glint of something I couldn't for the life of me decipher dancing in his eyes.

"No thanks, I'll pass." I flashed him a pseudo grin

"You don't want your earphones back?." Cole gasped in mock disbelief

"I don't want my earphones back." I replied in a sing-song manner

"You don't even know what the bargain is." Cole observed

I nodded a confirmation "you are right."

"You wanna know now?" Cole asked invitingly

I pretended to think for a few seconds "No I don't, thanks for the offer though."

He was not to be deterred "C'mon indulge me Liv."

"What do you think your mom wants to tell us?." I wondered aloud, more in a bid to get off the topic of bargaining than as a result of genuine curiousity.

"I promise you it won't be anything of importance." Cole reassured

"Why do you say that?." I asked glad that my diversionary tactic seemed to have momentarily worked.

"I know a lot of things, like right now I know you're trying to get us off the bargain I'm offering you." He grinned knowingly

"You're not wrong." I admitted with a shrug

Cole had just started to respond when his mother walked in with an accouncement "I'm back, kids."

"Crystal." Cole replied shortly, I stared at him wondering what that meant.

"Clear?." She asked him with a glare before sending a pillow flying at his head. I gasped, that took me by surprise.

Cole on the other hand made absolutely no effort to dodge it, regaling her with an unblinking stare instead "really now? What was that for?."

"An assertion of dominance." Lady Lucy deadpanned

"You say that like we're wild animals in the." Cole paused momentarily his face scrunched up in thought

"In the I dunno, the bloody wild." He finished

"Wild and bloody, bloody and wild." Lady Lucy chanted as though lost in a trance