Chapter 59 ~ Punishment

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"May I help you, sir ?"

"Yes, er- May I speak to Kim Jisoo and...Kim Seokjin ?"

"Lisa, who's at the door ?" Jung kook's voice calls behind her. The large outline of his body reveals more and more of his features as he stands next to her behind the door way. "Yes ?"

The rest of their friends had grown curious and followed Jungkook, all crowding in the hallway, each as confused as the other. 

"Are Kim Jisoo and Kim Seokjin here ?"

"Yeah." Lisa intervenes. "Why ?"

"That is a private issue." The headmaster says politely. 

"With all due respect, sir, if it's private, why do you have two monkeys hiding on the other side of this doorway ?" She asks knowingly. Jungkook leans and peers to the side, spotting Kai and Xiumin desperately trying to stick to the wall.

Surprisingly, the headmaster chuckles and says, "I admire you very much, you know ?"

"Thank you, sir. But that doesn't excuse why you want our friends." 

"I have reason to believe that Kai and Xiumin were punched." The headmaster says, irritation already clouding over his eyes. 

"They were." Lisa nods blatantly. 

"They...were ?" The man is taken aback. 

"Not by Jisoo or Jin though. By me." She steps forward, pushing Jisoo behind her. 

"I was told there was two involved in this attack." He stutters.  

"I was in on it too." Jungkook chimes. 

"Why are you guys confessing ?" Kai sputters. 

"We think we had a right to inflict violence." Jungkook reasons. "That situation was very tense."

"Right...." The headmaster ponders. "Why don't you two," He gazes at Lisa and Jungkook, "And you two." He glares sharply at Kai and his friend. "Come to my office and we can talk it out."

"Sure." Lisa nods, turning around for her jacket that was hooked on the coat hanger. 

"Lisa, why're you doing this ?" Jin whispers. "Let me take the blame."

"I've a clean record and nothing to lose." She murmurs, shoving on the jacket and walking with Jungkook outside, shutting the door on their friend's dumbstruck faces.

 Kai and Xiumin tailed right behind the headmaster while Jungkook and Lisa tailed behind them, talking at their own pace. "Aren't you scared ?" He whispers. 

"Not one bit." She says fiercely. 

"You never really struck me as a delinquent." He ponders. 

"I'm not. I don't cause trouble for the fun of it. If, however, said trouble includes helping someone out, I will." She shrugs. 

"You're one heck of a girl." He smiles when she tugs him along. 

"Have a seat." The man says, opening the door of his quarters and allowing his assistant to pull up two more chairs. They sit in pairs respectively, opposite to the headmaster while each side glares at the other. 

"So..." The headmaster sits down. "What happened ?"

Lisa stays quiet, thinking at the speed of light to find a way out of this situation. "He targeted our friend and said some inappropriate things." She starts. 

"Did you resort straight to violence ?"

"No sir." Jungkook says politely. "We asked him to stop two times. We even stopped a friend from punching him." 

"And then ?"

"He ignored us and tried to make a move on Jisoo, so we punched him." Lisa shrugs carelessly.

"And do you regret it ?"

"No." She says. "We did what had to be done." 

"Would you do it again ?"

"If somebody happened to speak the way he did ?" She raises an eyebrow. "Absolutely." 

"Even if there were consequences ?" The headmaster had a small grin playing across his lips now, his monocle nearly falling off. 

"Sir, as far as I know of, there can't be any consequences for inflicting violence as an act of defense." 

"But you still punched a student, miss." 

"Yes sir, I understand. But in all honesty, I won't apologize." She says daringly. Again the room had gone quiet, and the headmaster's assistant merely squeaked in fear on behalf of the daring girl. 

"And why not ?" He asks, amused. 

"I have self-respect. I don't believe I did something wrong, and even if I apologized, it would be an insult to you if you accepted it." She says. "It would be half-assed, and I would likely not hesitate to punch him again." 

"How about you ?" The man turns to Jungkook who was undoubtedly a little starstruck. He'd never seen this side of her before. 

"I won't apologize either. Sir, he made crude comments about my sister. And in all likeliness, I'll probably punch him again as soon as we get out of here." 

"Anything to say ?" The man glances at the two quivering students beside. "...Oh, that's a pity." He tuts at the silence and whimpers. "Well, I have my decision."

"I will not suspend any of you nor will any expulsion be needed." He sighs. "But, I can't simply let this go. I understand why you chose to resort to violence, but it's the school rule, and no one's exempt." 

"We understand." Jungkook nods. "What's the punishment ?" 

"Nothing too horrible. Just grading essays." He says, nodding to a giant pile of papers. "You can start tomorrow evening." He continues, "You can leave." 

All four of them start to get up, legs groaning in exhaustion. Jung kook's foot was about to cross the border of hardwood flooring and soft white carpet, but he freezes. "Actually, come back." The headmaster says.

"Why ?"

"I have something else I'd like to discuss."