Chapter 73 ~ Gummy Bears

*A/N :

Those of you that have already read this book know what to expect from this chapter ;)

This is personally one of my favorite chapters.

Enjoy !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person's POV ~ 

"What was that for ?"

"I'm petty." He grins, not looking at her.

"What reason would you have to be petty ?"

"Oh, nothing much." He drawls casually. "Except for the fact that Suho has a crush on you."

For a long time, she remained silent, and he let her, simply looking at the winding road ahead. Then, she started to laugh. Uncontrollably. 

"What's so funny ?" He smiles, letting his free hand tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. 

"I didn't know you had that kind of humor."

"What ?"

"You're usually not that sarcastic." She sobers up. "That was a refreshing change." She smiles at him, the grin slowly dropping when he doesn't say anything. 

Finally, he felt obligated to utter the next words. "Shortie, he really likes you. I'm not lying." 

"W-what ?"

"Why would I lie ?" He chuckles. "If it was my choice I'd wish he kept his distance from you."

"How do you know this ?"

"He sends me pleasant threats every once in a while." He shrugs. 

"Threats ?" She asks, her voice dangerously close to a harsh tone that she rarely adopted. 

"It was like child play." He pats her hand. "He never physically did anything."

"Just because he didn't hurt you, doesn't make it okay !" 

"You're right. It's okay because it doesn't bother me." He smiles, continuing to drive past the dorms. 

"Why didn't you tell me about any of this before ?" She mumbles.

"Didn't feel the need to." 

"I'll punch you. Make you throw up." She says. "That'll teach you to tell me stuff." 

"Jokes on you. I didn't eat yet." 

"Huh..." She drops her fist. "Me neither." 

His hand lifts off the steering wheel for a moment, and she spots a small drip of blood before he sticks his hand firmly back on the mechanism. "Can we stop here ?" She asks when they approach a convenience store. 

"Why ?"

"Hm," she clears her throat. "Lady supplies." 

"I'm not immature." He laughs. "You don't have to be so embarrassed about telling me that kind of stuff. I'll stay in here and let you shop privately if that makes you feel better." 

"Soft Boy." She smiles, ruffling his hair up and pressing a light kiss on his forehead before heading out of the car and into the store. 

She headed right past the ladies section, because of course she lied about that. Instead, she veered straight into the medical section and slid bandaids off the shelf. That concluded her short shopping list, and she headed to the counter, setting the item down and spotting Jungkook's favorite candy on the shelf. She smiles fondly, grabbing that and a pack of multicolored gummy bears. 

"Is that it ?" The teenage boy behind the counter asks. 

"Yes, thank you." She smiles, waiting patiently for the items to scan. She hands him her credit card and spots Suho outside the store, a couple lanes away from Jungkook's car at which point she promptly looks back at the cashier. He hands her the bagged items and smiles politely, and she made sure to return the gesture before hurrying out. 

"That's it ?" Jungkook asks, slightly surprised when the door had closed after her. "That was quick." 

"Yup." She smiles, leaning forward and pecking his lips. 

"You're awfully clingy today." He smiles curiously. 

"Don't care." She grins, taking his hand. 

He stiffens, not moving his nearly blood dripping hand from the steering wheel. "It's not safe." He manages. "To take my hand off the wheel, I mean. The engine's still on." He gulps when she continues to stare at him. 

Finally, he sighs and simply pulls into a parking space, ignoring Suho's car that had driven 3 spots over. "How'd you know ?" He asks sheepishly. 

"I just know." She smiles, opening the bag from the store. She brings the box of bandaids out,  and his brows furrow. 

"But you said you were shopping for--"

"I lied." She admits. 

"Why ?"

"Because you'd refuse to let me buy you this." She holds up the opened box. She fishes out a fresh bandaid and peels the wax paper off, slowly putting it on the cut of his palm. "How did this even happen ?" She asks, putting the trash in the bag as she continues to clean up the cut. 

"I don't know." He mumbles absentmindedly, simply staring at her. 

"What do you mean you don't know ?" She wanted to sound authoritative, but she sounded kind and soft instead, both of her hands stuck on his as she cleans the blood smudged across his palm. "You should tell me about things like this, you know ?" She didn't look up at him, afraid she might blush. Instead, her gaze was strictly refined to his hand. 

"It isn't a big deal." He says. 

"I don't care. I like it when you tell me about everything." She says, inspecting his now clean hand proudly. "Tell me next time, okay ?"

"Y-yeah, okay." He says, turning back to the steering wheel. 

For the rest of the drive back home,  they remained in a comfortable silence, Jungkook letting Lisa hold his hand in both of hers the entire time. Finally, when he pulls into the student parking lot, he smiles at her. "I'm really okay, you know." 

"Yeah, I know." She grins, picking the two bags of candy out of the bag and tossing one at him. "As payment for driving all the way across town to pick up my sorry ass." 

He puts it in the compartment by the door, and she opens the pack of gummy bears, quietly munching on one. 

"What flavor is it ?" He grins, watching a happy glint pop into her eyes. 

"I don't really kn-"

"Wait, let me guess." 

He leaned forward quickly, his hand traveling under her silky curtain of hair to hold her face still. His lips were warm and soft against hers, her soft hands floating up to touch his forearm. He feels her small hands against his skin and smiles into her lips, quickly sobering up and drowning himself in her warm vanilla scent. 

Finally, he pulls away while she was too shocked to process anything. He reaches for the opened packet of candy in her hands and looks at he information on the back. 

"My bad. They're all the same the same flavor."