Chapter 2 Waking Up To Surprises

Light poured through my closed eyelids. The light wasn't blinding but it was enough to wake me up.

I knew I wasn't outside anymore; my body was warmer meaning I wasn't on the cold hard ground.

I opened my eyes fully and blinked a few times to get the haze away. Sitting up slowly, I realized I was in a bed. I wasn't under the covers and I was still in my clothes from yesterday. At least I think yesterday. I don't know how long I've been here.

The room was small and yet opened. I cast my eyes around, surveying the room. The walls were painted a dark blue, the door to out of the room and doors to a closet were a dark brown wood color. There was a small table next to the twin size bed I was laying on with drawers which was also a dark wood color that also had a clock on it. I quickly read the time which was 10 am. I looked down at the bed of which I was laying on which had black sheets with a matching pillow case and blankets.

Somehow, in some way, I felt comfort. Yet how did I get here?

I scooted off the edge of the bed I sat on and slipped into quiet mode. I could hear talking down what might be stairs.

Who was here and why am I at their house?

I looked around again and I noticed a small window above the bed. I carefully climbed back onto the bed towards the window and looked out.

There was a small area around the house and all I saw were tall trees, clouding the sun from hiting the ground.

I was in the woods. I had to get away now. I didn't know who were downstairs and I didn't want to know. I didn't care.

Flashbacks hit me from yesterday night and the wolf came into my mind. The wolf attacked me.

I quickly pulled my shirt up and observed myself as best as I could. No wounds. I wondered if somebody found me but why didn't the wolf just eat me or kill me?

I'd be better off killed anyway. Tears threatened my eyes and I sucked them back in. I will not cry.

I climbed back off the bed with quiet toes and carefully made my way to what I thought was the door out of the room. I grabbed the knob and with steady hands I turned it. The volume of the talking downstairs increased.

I stuck my head out the doorway and looked down the dark, plain hallway. The hallway was spacey and all the rooms were spread out. There were four doors, all closed, to four rooms. There was two opened doors and I assumed they were the bathrooms. There was a bathroom next to my room. My room was on the far side of the hallway at the end.

Down the hallway was an opening that turned. I carefully walked over towards it, keeping my breathing steady. I was surprisingly calm for possibly being kidnapped but I wasn't sure.

All I knew was to find an escape and run. Hopefully I would be lost in the woods and hopefully wouldn't have to go back to the places of which caused me so much unhappiness.

I stopped at the edge of the stairs. I looked out a bit and saw the kitchen in front of me. It seemed like if you walked straight in you would be in the kitchen. There was a bar that closed the kitchen space leading out to where, I think, is the living room.

And currently where there were people talking. I stood still, keeping my heart and breathing as steady as I could and listened.

"Louis, that was a mistake to bring the boy here!" One voice growled with anger. The voice gave my stomach a twist. I continued to listen.

"Calm down, Liam! You told me this a million times! I told why I brought him here!" Another snapped back. This voice gave perked my ears up. It light and airy despite the person snapping. It was a bit feminine but manly as well.