Chapter 7 Opening Up

We all stayed outside until the sun dipped into the evening before we headed inside.

I had fun. I stayed in the tree most of the time just watching the others or keeping to my thoughts. I climbed down after awhile and joined their football rematch game. They respected the fact that I didn't join in any of their conversations but I think they were glad that I joined them.

Or they just didn't want to hurt your pathetic feelings because they pity such a worthless sack of shit.

I closed my eyes tightly and clenched my fists. I was having a good time and now its gone to shit with the voice.

I made my way towards the stairs while the others stood in the hallway or by the couches. I turned towards the door that they left open, probably to get ready to turn, and watched as the sky slowly grew a bit darker.

"When do you change back?" I asked turning towards the four of them.

"When dawn hits," Louis answered.

"Does it hurt? To turn?"

"No," he takes a step foward, "but it is uncomfortable." He motioned for me to go up so he could lock my door. I turned around towards the steps and stopped.

"Thanks for today. I don't get to do things like that anymore. I've never felt free like that in a long time. Or happy," I didn't turn around as I said that and started to climb the stairs.

I heard Louis behind me as I walked towards my door. I opened it and walked inside. I turn around towards Louis and our eyes connect. I felt immediately entranced by them and their beauty. I felt the now familiar emotion tickle my stomach as we stared into each other's eyes.

"You're welcome, Harry," he said softly before gripping the knob of the door and locking it. I had to surpress a slight shiver when he said my name. I enjoyed how he said it.

Now I definitely couldn't deny that I was falling for him but he would never go for me.

Whk would? You're so ugly. Nobody wants an ugly burden.

Tears prickled my eyes because I know it was true. Louis wouldn't feel the same way about me. I took a deep sigh and made my way to the window.

It was completely dark and I watched out the window for them and Louis as tears fell down my face. I subconsciously scratched at my wrist, waiting, for a relief.

Then howls filled the air and big shadows dashed around. Then he appeared. He gave a happy howl as he sat in his usual spot to stare at me. I smile at him through the window and we start our staring contest.

It always ends shorter than I want to when he howls again and dashes after the others to who knows where.

I sighed again as I slip under my covers. I lay there with tears in my eyes as tiredness hits me and I close my eyes to meet the nightmares I know I will have tonight.

<>

I woke up in my own sweat and tears from the nightmare that seemed to happen forever and kept me thinking about that hellhole. The sun peaked a bit out through the window and I rolled to my side to check the clock. It read 7:30 and I groaned.

I threw the covers off of me knowing now that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. I knew that the others were back inside since dawn usually happens around 6 and that they might get a few hours of sleep in before Liam starts cooking breakfast.

I thought back to when I used to cook all the time and how much I've loved it. I decided to make breakfast for them. As a thanks.