Chapter 26 Reunited

I laid on the cold hard ground as I woke up slowly and numbly. The wind was blowing a gentle breeze causing the metallic scent of blood and the oder of gore to fill my nose with their putrid scents.

There were whispers and hush conversations around me but I couldn't bother focusing on them as fear and anger filled me. I jumped up onto my feet, eyes wide and blazing. I took in my surroundings quick.

I was surrounded by werewolves it seemed and bodies of vampires littered the ground. Nobody looked at me or noticed me yet. I scanned the area trying to make out any familiar faces but my head was so fuzzy.

I spun around and cried out as pain shot through my side. Immediately all conversations ceased and heads snapped to me. Their eyes were all on me and I felt my heart speed up. My eyes dashed amongst everyone's face and I caught the looks of four people who seemed closer to me. They spiked something in me but I couldn't remember anything and my head was pounding. I started to back away, ready to bolt from all the piercing eyes.

I wasn't paying attention when my eyes snapped forward and I see one person so close to me. They reached out to touch me but I jumped back with a harsh hiss.

Hurt flashed through the piercing blue eyes that seemed so familiar. I narrowed my eyes at him, as I tried to place his eyes, where I'd seen them but I couldn't.

"Haz," my head whipped up to the name. The blue eyed man, inched forward, hands up defensively.

"Please, Harry, its me, Lou," his blue eyes glowed with worry. Lou.

Louis.

My mate.

"Lou..." my voice was hoarse and scratching. I felt my body relax and tears sprung to my eyes. The pounding in my head grew and I looked down at my hands noticing that I didn't have claws anymore.

I started to sway as my vision blurred. My body leaned forward as I fell but warm arms caught me before I could fall onto the ground and the touch sent shivers and warm tingles down my body.

But before I could say anything, my vision was consumed by darkness once more.

<>

The sun was bright and it felt nice on my skin, the warmth contrasting against the cool breeze. The air was clearer now and I felt a bit more conscious. I opened my eyes, the tree blocking my sight from the burning sun, and took a deep breath, feeling less weaker than before. I still felt fuzzy in my head and it still pounded but not as much as before.

I took deep breaths, just taking in the fresh air, letting my heightened senses take over. I sped to my feet, feeling more freer and clearer. My side didn't hurt as much and I lifted up my shirt with a clawed hand to reveal a bandage. I ripped it off to show a ragged scar on my milky skin. I threw away the bandage as I heard cautious footsteps behind me.

I sensed them immediately as werewolves, four of them. Them being my best friends. One being my mate. Tears filled my eyes and I turned around to meet his.

My breathing hitched at the sight if him as my new eyes took him in and suddenly it felt like no one was here in this moment. Just us.

I could make out every strand of his coffee colored hair that was so soft like gentle feathers. His face held no imperfections and was detailed as his face was sharp and angled. Then I took in his eyes and thats when I let my tears fall. His beautiful oceanous eyes swirled with worry and cautiousness as they held mine but also sparkled with love and adoration.