(Kataoka Meg) High Price

Warnings: Manipulation, possessiveness, and obsessiveness.

If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The mellow humming you produced to cut off the silence within the part of the mansion that you are cleaning at was suddenly interrupted by a disturbing noise. The once pristine vase made out of the finest porcelain can no longer be viewed as such, having its magnificent form be reduced to merely fragments. You have broken an expensive item within the equally extravagant and high priced mansion of your masters and upon registering the situation, you could only stare at the pieces in shock. You unconsciously kneel before the sharpened shards, cautiously reaching out a shaking hand before you halt after noticing that your vision seemed blurry. 

Built up tears caused the difficulty as you further realized what had occurred might entail for you. The hushed whispers after a series of incoming footsteps soon resonated made you snap out of your distress for a moment, causing you to subtly glance at the source despite the lowering of your head. You felt the pity from your colleagues through their gazes despite you trying to avoid their stares. You were just a servant just like them, serving a highly respected rich family and making such a mistake might even result for your death. You can only keep your irritation of their gossips to yourself, focusing on trying to ease the tension you felt instead.

To distract yourself after hearing someone among them proceeding to call one member of the family that decided to stay at that moment despite an important errand done by her parents, you can only carefully pick the large pieces in silence. To avoid any injury, you used a handkerchief folded for twice for it to be thicker to protect your skin from the sharp item. It is only inevitable that they would be obedient and loyal to the family to report the situation, but was it really necessary for them to do so rather than just to help you hide it instead? You can only internally scoff at their desperation to seek the favor of their masters before glaring at the floor. 

Through feeling the dread with how your mind also presented the possible punishments you might receive with what just happened, you still couldn't help getting confused as to when and why did such an item was even placed in such a risky area. You vaguely remember it not being there a few days ago when you would usually perform your cleaning duty, so why does it seem to have suddenly appeared now? It even looked like it did so at the right moment and time that resulted to an unfortunate situation for you. You did not manage to properly thought about such assumptions when you heard hastened footsteps along with calm ones that made you freeze.

"What just happened? Where did that noise come from? Haven't I instructed every one of you to be careful lest you will face the wrath of my parents once they would know about any accident that occurs?" Kataoka calmly informed once she reaches the hallway, noticing your kneeling form immediately.

Her faux annoyance and strictness mildly subsided once she sees that her plan worked, smiling in delight before giving thankful nods to the other servants that served as her assistants for its success. Seeing as you remain frozen in place with your gaze lowered to the ground to avoid seeing her irritation, you remain unaware of the scheme she initiated. You slowly lowered the last large piece near among the pile of others before unconsciously squeezing the fabric you utilized for comfort. Kataoka sighed before presenting her act, shaking her head in disbelief before approaching you only to stand closely behind you while observing your form intently.