(Isogai Yuma) Baffling Moment

Warnings: Manipulation, possessiveness, overprotectiveness, and obsessiveness. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Subtle rejoice came from most of the students once they hear the bell ringing that would free them from receiving any homework. Being a passionate individual, your teacher had once again took his class time intently dissecting the lesson of its miniscule details. You can only smile after seeing him accepting the goodbyes from your classmates eager to eat their lunches. You stayed behind a bit to avoid being crowded in the exit, carefully packing up your stuff while you also said your goodbye to your teacher. Stopping himself with erasing the writings on the board, he turns to you to return it before you make your leave as well through the appropriate vacant area.

The crowd noise from afar relieved you after knowing that you might be one of the few to visit the locker rooms at this time. Most students already seemed to be enjoying their meals in the cafeteria that left the hallway almost deserted except for some people that also decided to stay behind for a few minutes like you. To look polite and not intimidating, you subtly smile at the others that you eye contacted with before directing yourself to your locker. Such interaction already left you as nervous as it is as you hurried off while avoiding any attention as you can. You mostly keep to yourself, not having any friend and keeping yourself unknown by the others. 

Because of your situation, it really came as a surprise to you when you notice someone you are vaguely familiar with approach you from afar. Securing your school items needed to be kept within the locker, you close your bag before glancing at them in a questionable manner. You greeted them once you managed to remember their name after hastily reminding yourself about who could they have been. You recall them being your study partner during the midterms last year as you sighed after realizing that they might need help from you right now. Instead of pleas of it, you were surprised to see them blushing while handing out a letter and a small gift box.

You remain skeptical and confused as to why you would receive this form of affection from someone such as them when you haven't properly interacted with them in the past and mostly because you are also not used to receiving such. "Is this real? Like... It's not a prank or a bet or something?"

They became panicked before returning their wide eyed gazed at your surprised features, waving their palm to deny your claims before genuinely revealing their objective. "No, I promise. What I feel for you is genuine... I had it for a while now, but I just had the courage to tell you about it now..."

You were just a nobody in this school and you liked to keep it that way. You had few acquaintances and even fewer people you consider as friends. You don't like to get attention to yourself, despite it seeming to have been following you recently. You received nothing like this in the past, so what seems to be a bit special about this? That's why when someone suddenly confessed to you with a letter to top it all off and even a gift you're unaware what those are, you were baffled to know when your response of the unfortunate confessing individual was stolen by someone else. The both of you can only stare at Isogai in surprise when he appeared beside you.

"I applaud your courage, efforts and all, but Y/N would unfortunately have to reject your advances. We know that you have a good intention, we really do... But now is just the wrong time." Isogai carefully explained as he took the improper words out of your mouth as you can only stare at him in surprise.

Despite his warm aura that made him appear welcoming and approachable for the both of you, you felt something more sinister and even threatening hidden beneath his mask. It won't be long it seemed until it would slowly seep out through the cracks caused by his frustration with how stubborn the individual is that he deemed as a threat and competition in gaining your attention and affection. He knows that this might be the wrong time and even the wrong approach to make as it would only leave you wary of his intentions, but he panicked. The calm and reserved class president of yours can only slip away to show how vulnerable he is with you.

They only sighed before frowning in return, lowering their holds of the items they intend to give you before replying to your sudden knight in shining armor. "I'm sorry if I come off as rude, Isogai-kun... I know you are popular and all, but why are you talking to me? I'm having a conversation with Y/N... Not with you."

You managed to see the subtle change of his warm expression, seeing him scowl for a moment from displeasure before giving another charming smile. "What you talk about is also my business... After all, me and Y/N are together. So if you don't mind understanding, you need to back off."

His last statement revealed how he seemed to have been threatened by their sudden approach to you. It really had been a good choice of him to follow you now as well despite how hungry he had been the moment he heard the bell ringing. He was left concerned when you were staying in the locker rooms for a longer time than you usually would. And upon seeing them entering the same area you are still staying in, he felt something unpleasant would happen for him. He hides his victorious smirk with a faux empathy to the confused and concerned expression they have now. They face you before giving a defeated and solemn smile as you meet their gaze with guilt.

"Is this true, Y/N...? I didn't even know. You two don't seem like a couple, though. I know that Y/N likes to be alone all the time... I didn't even see you being around Y/N... I have a hard time believing your claim, Isogai-kun." They remained determined with their hope that all of this is a farce that Isogai suddenly initiated.

Isogai subtly frowned before sighing, giving him a solemn and polite smile. "Well, you need to believe it because I am not a liar. Are you trying to ruin my reputation here? What we really do as lovers is none of your business. So what if we're not together all the time here at school? We just tend to keep it private, is all. Isn't that right, Y/N?"

As you were about to clear out some misunderstanding, you were halted when you felt Isogai's hand holding yours before he gently lets his fingers be placed between the gaps of yours. Dreaming of this moment for a long time, Isogai kept his giddiness at bay while internally complimenting how well the both you are to each other. He felt as if his hand fits perfectly with yours that all the more made him succumb to his delusions. He knows that you are hesitating with accepting his absurd claim as he glances at you with a cheerful smile. It was enough for others to be fooled by his ikemen persona, but you found it strange before glancing away.

Feeling the gentle squeeze he made after having your hands intertwined left you flustered as you meekly affirmed his claim to avoid any further conflict. "Uh, yes... Isogai and I are actually together. We just don't show it much in school. I'm really sorry, but I cannot accept your confession because of that."

They were left even more confused, becoming certain that they know you well enough and observed you properly to know that you had no significant other until now, but with how Isogai seemed to lovingly gaze at you, they decided to accept it. Their further exchange about the situation that gladly was civil in the end with them leaving the you two alone in the end and even wishing your relationship with Isogai well was not what you were focusing about. The sudden approach of one of the most popular students and even lying that he had been your lover really left quite the impression on you that made you all the more baffled by the moment.