(Asano Gakushu) Let Them Know

Warnings: Manipulation, mentions of threat, possessive, and obsessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Extravagant decorations fitting for the special event surrounded everyone within the location, further brightening the festivity of the atmosphere within the area. Curtains that acquired the hue respective to the theme of the engagement party had been elaborately twirled along the pillars, presenting a much more grandeur the simple cloth already has. Some thin cloth also draped from the ceiling, securely being held in place by the organizers of the event as it brings further illumination from the chandeliers nearby where dangling gems twirled in the air along with the subtle wind coming from the air conditioning to prevent a high humidity environment.

Mild flashing lights of varied colors that still go along with the theme also filled the place, making your observations clear as you run your gaze along your surroundings. Despite it being night, something that reflected the calm and downcast ambience outside had been your own feelings currently, everything inside the room seemed clear and vibrant as most of the guests mutually felt excited and happy for you and your soon to be husband. If anyone would get a hold of your current emotions, they will immediately judge you for it. It will be no question that you would be receiving looks of confusion, concern, or even disdain for even thinking negatively.

It is your supposed first part of the special occasion once you met the love of your life, but you are the only one that knew about reality. Your clothing seemed to suffocate you as it serves as a reminder that you had been held right upon his palm with the ring secured on your respective finger delivers the feeling of being controlled by the puppet master himself. Drowning from your thoughts of regret and anger directed to your companion, your grip upon his arm unknowingly tightened for a moment. Gakushu only paid no mind to it, thinking that it is only caused by your nerves acting up while remaining to look forward to the event he mostly planned out.

It's currently your engagement party in which you're basically forced to do it to ensure that your loved ones and your own beloved will be safe from the terrible things Gakushu might do if you won't agree to be his. Remembering the valued person you hold dear other than your family, calmness started to affect you before you made yourself prepared to be focused by the audience, though not for long thanks to your numerous thoughts. The power he holds over you not only brought bitterness with your unfortunate fate, but it also served as a reminder that the world is unfair to the unlucky ones and it would seem that you are definitely one of them.

His waiting soon reached its end once the host instructed everyone to settle down after ensuring that all of the guests will have their respective seats to make themselves comfortable. "It's the moment you've been waiting for! The grand reveal of the wonderful couple! Now, let's welcome..."

The words coming from the announcer became muffled as you could only focus on the mixed noise coming from your rapid heartbeat and erratic breathing. Your composure had gotten lost for a moment, resulting with you not wanting to take a journey to make the reveal as stated. He instantly sensed your hesitation, gently covering your hand holding his arm with his unoccupied one before seemingly uttering reassuring words. Another would have been fooled by his caring approach, but the whisper of his threat before he lightly kissed your cheek had been an evidence enough of the darker persona he perfectly hides from the others through his natural charm.