|61| Twelve Meets Twelve

Mia's P.O.V. (D3)

Hey there, remember me? It's me, the twelve year old girl who made it through the first games! The one who the President despises!

That was months ago, but now the time has come where I must return to a dreadful place called the Capitol. It was nice being back home, but unfortunately that time is over.

I was actually very surprised that I was allowed to go back home. I thought that I was going to be locked in a prison until the Supreme Games. Interestingly enough, I was allowed to come back to District 3, even though I was put on probation.

It made me happy to see the people of District 3 eat properly. The Capitol promised the winners that they would provide food for their districts, and they kept true to their word.

Even though I won, people still avoided me like a plague. I don't blame them. Only District 3 knows what really happened during the reaping. They were probably worried about being killed if they were seen near me, so I kept my distance as well.

However, Elsie's mom took me in, since I no longer had a home. She was very kind hearted and wasn't afraid of being around me, which made me feel hopeful.

Since I've been living with Elsie these last few months, we've gotten really close, which is both a blessing and a curse considering we have to enter yet another treacherous arena.

Well, it doesn't really matter now. We're a few minutes away from the Capitol where we will have lunch at the President's mansion with the other twelve winners from the second games.

"Are you nervous, Mia?" Elsie asks, looking out the window of the train.

I shake my head. "Nah, not really. They're probably no different from the rest people we fought with."

She continues to stare out the window. "Yeah, maybe."

As we get closer and closer, unpleasant memories flood back into my mind. Crazy colorful citizens, talk of the games, and huge buildings bustling with people. I hear a door open to the left of us where Artemis walks through.

"Hey guys! We're almost here, do you have your knives in your shoes?" I nod my head yes and pat the side of my boot. Elsie does the same.

"Alright, good. Man, I missed this place so much!" She sarcastically exclaims with her hands up in the air.

I laugh alongside with Elsie. If you don't remember, Elsie and I became allies with Artemis at the tail end of the games. I thought it would be a temporary thing, but luckily she decided to stick with us.

"How do you think this will go?" I ask Artemis. She shrugs her shoulders.

"I dunno, it could be calm and civilized, or the whole thing could erupt in chaos. Take your pick, but I'm going with chaos." She responds. I grin.

"Because what damage could a few harmless pranks do?"

↞↠

Velvet's P.O.V. (D1)

Oh man, it feels good to be back.

District 1 has been so boring compared to the Capitol, but now we're at the President's mansion! How cool is that?

Princeton and I met up with Chance as soon as we exited the train. He seems to have gotten bigger, more muscular. I'm guessing that he's been training hard and eating well.

The twelve of us are waiting in the President's lobby, where we await the winners of the second games.

I didn't watch a lot of their games since I was so focused on training. But now that the time has come, I'm actually a little excited. I heard that there were a couple tributes who were merciless and ruthless, and one of them was formerly a career! I can't wait to meet them!