|14| Strategizing for Success

Pepper's P.O.V. (D5)

"So, what's our strategy?" Vanellope asks.

"I can run to the cornucopia while you guys find shelter, but it would probably be easier if someone else came with me." Hope explains.

"We don't know what kind of arena it could be. It could be a forest, or it could be water, or it could be desert. The game makers can throw anything our way." Katerina adds.

That's a good point. Katerina admitted that she can't swim and that she would be too afraid to go into the cornucopia.

"I'll go if you need. I did say that I'm fast and sneaky, so I could probably get a few things." I offer.

Hope smiles, "I guess that solves that then."

"What about a water source? It's important to be around one." Vanellope says. I ponder for a while.

"Well, if there's birch trees, we can maybe find a spile and get some water out of there. Or we can dig a hole in the ground. It's usually pretty moist towards the bottom and it could lead us to find a water source." I explain to them.

Vanellope smiles. "Sounds like a plan."

↞↠

Jess's P.O.V. (D6)

"What do we do?" Cassidy asks worriedly. "To be honest, why do you even like me? I'm as scared as a mouse and I'm not brave or strong at all. I just lied to make myself look better." She's sitting in a ball on the couch so I go up next to her and wrap my arms around her shoulders.

"Cass, I haven't known you long at all, but I'm going to protect you and make sure you get out alive. I think I'm starting to fall in love with you." She stops crying and looks up at me in awe. I stare into her eyes, stroke her dirty blonde hair and kiss the top of her head.

"Jess, can you promise me something?" she sniffles.

"Anything."

"If I don't make it out alive just try to win, okay?" she tells me.

I sigh, but reply with, "Alright."

↞↠

Tanner's P.O.V. (D2)

I'm here with the rest of the career pack except for those two chicks from 1 and Phoenix. We're talking about our arena strategy. Again.

"All we do is run into the cornucopia and kill as many as we can." Finn explains. Most of us nod except for Princeton.

"What about your best friend?" Princeton mocks, "Or should I say your girlfriend?" Finn clenches his fists and shoots up out of his chair.

"Leave her out of this," Finn demands harshly.

"Aw, muscle man over here doesn't want fish girl to get hurt, now does he?" Velvet mocks. Finn's face turns beet red as he grits his teeth. He yanks Velvet up by the collar and lifts her up in the air.

"If you wanna stay alive before the games, I suggest you keep quiet." Finn growls. Velvet looks stunned for a second, then smirks past him. Princeton stands behind Finn with his fists clenched as well.

"Let her go. Now." Princeton emphasizes each word. Finn throws Velvet on the ground and storms out of here towards the elevator. Velvet rubs her elbow and glares at me when she catches me staring.

"What're you looking at, kid?"

↞↠

Aqua's P.O.V. (D4)