|67| The Calm Before The Storm

Princeton's P.O.V. (D1)

"This is it, you three!" Exclaims our super annoying district escort, Peneloppe. We're currently back on our District 1 floor still in our interview outfits. Man, can't she just leave us alone so we can sleep?

"You have just tonight and all of tomorrow before you enter the arena, aren't you guys excited?" Velvet rolls her eyes and I do the same. Crystal just yawns tiredly. When Peneloppe doesn't get a response from us, she looks at our mentors to help her out.

Bruce and Jillian, our two mentors, rub their eyes and begin talking to us.

"Look here, kids. Neither of us know what the arena will be like. So just make sure you're prepared for anything." Wow thanks, very helpful.

"Well I know that I don't have anything to worry about, but this little princess might," Velvet growls at Crystal, "Ditch the career pack and everything will be alright, she said. That is until we killed off her little friend." Velvet mocks her in an exhausted voice.

I look at the blonde and if it weren't so late at night, her glare would look a lot more intimidating. Her hands are clenched tightly, but she manages to contain herself. She doesn't respond, but mutters that she's going to bed. Smart move, that little twat doesn't know what she's in for.

Peneloppe clacks her heels out of the living room and Bruce and Jillian separate, going to their own rooms.

Now it's just me and the feisty red head. I clear my throat loudly, and she whips her head, narrowing her eyes.

"What do you want?" she snaps. I smirk at her.

"Nothing at all, Little Red." She menacingly scowls, punching me in the gut. I wheeze, my hands finding their way to my throbbing side.

"I'm going to bed," she yawns, acting as if she never punched me. "You walk in my room, I decapitate you."

And that's all it take for me to keep my mouth shut.

↞↠

Kostas's P.O.V. (D2)

Oh no, where are they?

I flip through the drawers in my bathroom, searching every crack and crevice for the one thing I need.

Sleeping pills. No.

Pain relievers. No.

Pills for a sore throat. No! Where are they?

I run a frustrated hand through my hair as I exit out of the bathroom. I then go through the drawers next to my bed. Nothing.

I walk out of my bedroom and into the living room, where my district escort is watching television and drinking wine. I walk up to her and clear my throat. She immediately looks up at me and smiles.

"Kostas! What are you still doing up?" she asks me quietly. I scratch the back of my head.

"Do you, um, know where my pills are?" She furrows her green eyebrows.

"Aren't they in your bathroom?" I shake my head no. She sighs and checks her watch.

"Okay, I'll go call the doctors and have them bring up a bottle, alrighty?" I nod my head and mutter a thank you. She walks towards her room where the telephone is. I plop down on the sofa and sigh loudly.