Small Sibling Spat

Amelia entwined her fingers with Brady's as the pair walked silently side by side at the local park.

Brady cleared his throat awkwardly. Amelia caught on and looked up at him with a frown.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." He answered.

"No it's something, what?" She asked.

"Nothing Amelia." He repeated.

Amelia stopped walking and looked at him sternly. "Do you know why most relationships fail?"

Brady shrugged. "Because humans are fuck up's?"

"You always go extreme." She rolled her eyes. "It's because of communication, couples don't communicate with each other; they'd rather be quiet and keep all their feelings and thoughts to themselves instead of sharing it and working thought it – that eventually ruins the relationship.
"Okay." Brady drawled. "And your point is?"

"My point is don't be silent to spare my feelings or whatever, just be open and tell me what's the problem." She stated.

"I just cleared my throat Mia, is doesn't mean something is wrong." He said casually. "You're overthinking it."

She raised a brow at him. "Am I?"

"Yeah." He answered casually.

She sighed. "Brady just tell me."

"Tell you what?" he questioned.

"What happened with you like two minutes ago." She answered.

"I told you it was nothing." He said.

"We've been dating for a little over a month now and I know you for several months so don't tell me it's nothing, I know you pretty well." She said.

"I guess you do." He sighed.

"Yes so tell me." she demanded.

Brady sighed. "It just... you know all of this." He lifted his and Amelia's entwined hands.

"What about it?" Amelia asked as he dropped their hands to their side again.

"I'm not used to it, it isn't my thing." He admitted in a slightly strained voice.

"Holding hands?" Amelia frowned. "Okay, then don't." she said flatly and let go of his hands.

"So much for your honesty speech." Brady mumbled. "Now you're pissed at me."

"No I'm not; I'm just not making you uncomfortable." She said.

"I know you Mia; you have the 'I'm pissed as hell at you' look." He pointed out.

"I'm not annoyed Brady, really." She said reassuringly. "I understand this is all foreign to you and maybe it is a tad bit annoying but it's also quite satisfying to know that you've never shared these kind of moments with anyone else; I'm the first."

Brady circled his hands around Amelia's waist and yanked her forward. She yelped, caught off guard.

"I thought this wasn't your thing?" she raised a brow.

"Oh this very much is." He told her and kissed her.

Amelia reluctantly pulled away after a long moment. "We're in public remember?"

"So what?" he asked.

"So," she drawled and her eyes scanned their surroundings. "This is your area, what if someone you know sees us?"

"Let them see." He stated.

"But," she began but Brady shut her up with another kiss.

"Holding hands makes you uncomfortable but kissing here in public doesn't?" Amelia asked when their kiss broke.