The Interns

Amelia got off Brady, both of them breathless. She rested her head on his chest and he put an arm around her.

They took a moment to catch their breath before Brady broke the silence. "What was that?"

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Is that a serious question?"

"No I mean I know what it was but weren't we fighting earlier on today and then all of a sudden you pound on me like a gorilla on heat." Brady clarified.

"Don't be dramatic Brady." Amelia said rolling her eyes again. "And don't act like whatever we did was against your will."

"Am I complaining?" He questioned.

Amelia sighed and snuggled closer to him.

"What happened?" Brady asked seriously after a brief moment of silence.

"I had a bad day, I really needed to just take a pause from our fight, from my mind and just from everything." She said.

"I know I said I didn't want anything to do with your quest but I can't help but ask, how did things go with my moth- I mean with Pamela?" Brady asked.

Amelia took in a breath. "Bad... really bad."

Brady scoffed. "I'm not the least surprised."

Amelia lifted herself up and put her weight on her elbows. She looked at Brady apologetically. "I'm sorry that she's the woman who gave birth to you."

Brady looked at her emotionless before he sighed. "I honestly don't expect anything from her, I don't even know why you went there in the first place."

"Because I thought if she gave me some answers then I didn't have to go into work with my dad and it would make both of our lives easier, but Pamela being the selfish bitch she is refused to tell me a thing. She kept on saying that if I care about your safety I'd drop it." Amelia explained.

"She's got a point there." Brady stated.

"Ugh, don't start again." She groaned and plopped herself back flat on the bed.

She looked up at the ceiling and the two of them remained quiet for a long while.

"I don't want to hurt you Brady, it's the last thing I want." Amelia broke the silence.

"I'm not afraid of getting hurt Mia, I just don't want you meddled in all of this, it's more dangerous than you know." Brady responded.

"Brady I won't want to get into this again." Amelia said flatly.

"Just because you're in my bed right now it doesn't mean I'm letting this go and supporting your stupid idea." Brady said seriously.

"I know that and the same goes for you, just because I'm in your bed right now it doesn't mean that I'm changing my mind." Amelia retorted.

Brady sighed and sat up, resting his head on his headboard. "You are one insufferable woman Amelia."

"I can say the same to you." Amelia shot back.

"Are you on a suicide mission?" He asked.

"No, how many times do I have to explain to you why I'm doing this?" She asked, exasperated.

"How many times do I have to tell you until it sinks into your thick skull that this isn't child's fucking play Amelia!" He snapped.

Amelia got out of bed and started dressing. "I am not in the mood for another fight."