Chapter 32: Pride is Hurt

~The sound of a ding from the oven made both Bill and Dipper stop brooming and look through the small window of the oven. Inside was a very nice puffy looking cake. "You finally were able to make it." Bill said, not even hiding the pride he felt towards his boyfriend.

Dipper snorted, "Yeah, only took me like four tries."

"But now it looks delicious!" Amy said, popping her head in between them, pressing her hand against the glass. "And like that one guy said from human history, like not failing thousands of times only found thousands of ways it doesn't work."

Dipper frowned, "How would you know about that?"

Amy turned her head at him, "I've been reading."

Dipper nods, acting as if it was normal for a child her age to be reading about historical figures in human history. He opened the oven and carefully took out the cake with gloved hands. "By the way Amy. the saying goes 'I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.' by Thomas Edison." He placed the cake on the counter.

"Oooh yeah that's it!" Amy floated to sit on the counter, watching as Dipper very slowly applied the frosting. "To think making a quote about light bulbs could be inspiring."

Bill frowned, "He was talking about lightbulbs?"

"He's the first person who invented it, him and his team of researchers." Dipper explained, now flating out the frosting, "You think it looks good?"

Amy and Bill nod, "Delicious." they said in sync which caused them both to look at each other with a similar frown. Dipper couldn't help but chuckle at their reactions.

"I think this looks way more delicious." Moddey said, standing on his hind legs to reach for the pizza that was placed on the counter. Dipper quickly rushed to pick up the plate before Moddey could drool on it.

"It's not for you, it's for 8-ball and Teeth." Dipper hissed. "Down boy."

Moddey growled lightly, "Don't talk to me like I'm a dog."

"If you're going to act like one, you'll be treated like one." Dipper scoffed. "I've worked too hard to make this whole pizza out of scratch."

Bill put an arm around Dipper, leaning against him, "And I'm sure they'll like it!" he said, rubbing the side of his arm, "But if they don't, we're definitely eating it ourselves." Bill reached for one of the toppings from the pizza but Dipper moved it out from his reach, glaring at the demon.

A demon maid walked into the kitchen to inform them that 8-ball and Teeth were waiting in the dining room. So of course they quickly headed over, helping Dipper with carrying the cake and pizza. They placed them in front of the two demons that didn't seem to be amused by what was placed in front of them.

"What is this?" Teeth asked with a very rude and distasteful tone but he quickly bit his tongue from adding anything else when Bill glared at him.

Dipper cleared his throat a little before explaining, "Well, humans really like this which is called pizza. It came from Italian origin but I doubt you two care but um- it's bread, with tomato sauce, cheese, and the toppings are pepperoni, bacon, ham, and beef."

"What that?" 8-ball said with his broken english, pointing towards the cake. He sniffed it a little and he seemed to like the sweet smell coming from it.

"That's a cake, it's for dessert. It's sweet so nothing like what a human would taste like." Dipper explained, laughing nervously a little at his last comment. To think he really did try cooking something that supposedly more delicious than the taste of human flesh. It's rather creepy.

Exonemesisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें