Chapter 14: Things in Common

~It was now the next morning when Dipper finally awoke from his sleep. He felt refreshed and his sore body no longer ached. He was a little confused when first opening his eyes but once he looked around Bill's room, all the memories of yesterday flooded his mind. The human boy could only sigh at the fact that he's not only trapped here with a monster but also knew the monster years ago and treated the demon as a friend. Dipper felt like Headmaster Daniel and everyone back at home would be very disappointed in him.

Dipper even felt disappointed in himself.

Dipper moved his legs out from under the covers and swung them to the side of the bed only to accidentally step on Moddey the hellhound, causing him to awake abruptly. Dipper lost his balance from the sudden movement and fell onto the hard floor.

"What the heaven?!" Moddey growled.

Dipper's bottom was now aching but he ignored it to look up at the big hellhound in front of him and to his surprise, McGucket was there too, curled up as a ball on the floor. "Old man McGucket?" He said confusedly and the crazy old man right away shot up from the floor, scaring both Dipper and Moddey.

"Well yeehaw Dipper. Good morning to you," McGucket looked over at the hellhound who whispered a little, still not liking the strange old human man. "Good morning to you too puppy."

"I'm not a puppy," Moddey growled.

Dipper looked at the two before having to cover his mouth to hold in his laugh. Never did Dipper think that the old man was telling the truth about hellhounds being afraid of Old Man McGucket but then again, he can't blame the hellhound for being so cautious. Some humans are afraid of McGucket too.

"What are you laughing at?" Moddey turned his attention to the laughing Dipper while showing his sharp fangs.

"You're afraid of a human." Dipper pointed out. Moddey only growled as a response to the teasing. Dipper's eyes then grew curious and looked around before getting back up on his feet, "Do you know where Bill left too?"

Both McGucket and Moddey shrugged. "I thought he would be back early in the morning, drunk as heaven like he always does. I guess he probably passed out in his throne room."

Dipper found it strange how the demons and hellhounds cursed but he wasn't frowning because of that, "Drunk?"

Moddey nods, still trying to avoid McGucket who is now trying to hug him again. "Demons grew a liking for alcohol ever since they discovered it here. Since they can't get sick from it or even possibly die, they drink as much as they want."

Dipper wasn't surprised. It would make sense that the demons would take advantage of all the new human things they discover here. Dipper looked down at his own clothes, they felt nasty and sweaty. He cringed at the thought of how bad he probably smells. "Do you think Bill would mind me taking a shower?"

Moddey tilted his head in the direction of the bathroom. "I doubt it. He likes you a lot so it's not like he would hurt you if you touch his things."

Dipper cringed at the thought that Bill Cipher was actually fond of him but then again he can use that to his advantage. "Okay then, I won't take too long," Dipper reassured the hellhound before stepping into Bill's closet and picking out a fresh pair of Bill's clothes again and then stepping into the bathroom.

Soon after Dipper stepped into the bathroom, Bill slammed his way into his own room dramatically, just the way he likes it. "Good morning!" Bill quickly froze with a visible frown on his face when realizing Dipper was nowhere to be seen. His eyes quickly glared down at his hellhound.

"Whoa! Calm down, he's taking a shower!" Moddey quickly explained with his tail hidden in between his legs.

"He better be," Bill said before walking into his own bathroom to find a half-naked Dipper who barely took off Bill's button-up shirt, revealing his bandages. The wounds weren't bleeding anymore since Bill made sure of it earlier when Dipper was unconscious but the blood from before had seeped through the bandages. The two froze once they made eye contact and Bill was quick to cough a little into his fist, not wanting to make this feel awkward at all. It's not like Dipper is completely naked or anything. "Just making sure you're uh- okay."