Chapter 26: Something Has Changed

~"Are you sure? I just finished saying that I'm okay with just being your friend." Bill repeated himself, he was still confused about the sudden change, not realizing that maybe he shouldn't question it. Humans really are complicated creatures. He thought to himself, still staring at Dipper with a raised brow.

Dipper's face had a light blush because of Bill's shocked expression, feeling embarrassed, "Y-Yeah, I'm sure." He stuttered, no longer able to hold eye contact. He gasped a little before speaking again to stop Bill from asking the same question, "You made it clear that our relationship with each other is very important to you, so it just proves that a simple kiss can't ruin whatever we have right now. It would be stupid if it does."

Bill nods a little, looking away as he let it sink in that Dipper just said yes. It was a quick process since Bill was quick to his normal self, placing a hand under his own chin as he grins down at the flustered human, "So, just a peck?" Bill asked, he knew just a simple question would make the human's face flush a deeper red.

Dipper right away sighs, scratching at the back of his neck as he nods, "Y-Yeah, we can call it an experiment." Dipper used a poor set of words, and he was quick to raise his hands in the air when seeing how Bill cringed, "Or not! We can just say we're being curious?"

Bill straightens himself, smirking once again as he lifts his cane a little, "And curiosity strengthens the hellhound."

Dipper frowns, "Wait no, it's curiosity kills the cat." Dipper corrected but Bill only rolled his eyes.

"You humans and always changing our quotes," Bill said with a wave of his hand. Dismissing it even though Dipper frowns, knowing that's not right. But Dipper didn't bother trying to explain it to Bill when he saw how quickly the demon's expression changed. Then Bill took a step closer to Dipper, the human could see how the strange slits over his yellow eyes grew wider when only staring at him. Bill's expression was filled with wanting, and it was only directed towards Dipper which caused his heart to flutter, and this strange feeling in his stomach to grow. Dipper could only guess that's what you called butterflies in your stomach, for it was the best way to describe how he was feeling in that silent moment with Bill.

Dipper could also feel his hands begin to sweat, his body heating up, and his knees growing weak when Bill lowered his head to level with his.

"J-just a peck?" Dipper stuttered, feeling the nerves grow more.

"Mhm." Was all Bill said, bringing his head gently closer, not at all being quick to kiss Dipper.

"Kissing might be good but it also spreads germs." Dipper randomly added, he isn't sure why he even mentioned it. He knew he'd begin to grow weird, especially in a situation like this.

Bill chuckled, not at all judging Dipper's nervous habits, "I brushed my teeth this morning, Pinetree." As Bill took more steps forward, Dipper took some back, stopping when he felt his back press against the bookshelf. Bill was now dangerously close, his hand pressed against the side of Dipper's head. The demon knew he wanted the kiss but was too nervous, which doesn't surprise him. He only wonders if he'll be Dipper's first kiss, and Bill didn't mind being his first to anything. It only excited him more, wanting so badly to just feel him against his lips.

"Y-yeah but I learned that one peck could contain up to 80 m-million new types of bacteria. And a peck should be less than a second just in case maybe one of us gets sick or maybe we should wash our mouths with s-soap after this? No, wait, that's stupid, it's not like people die from kissing-"

And just like that, Bill stopped Dipper's ranting by gently placing his lips against his. He cupped Dipper's chin gently with one glove hand, the other pulled Dipper's back in closer. Dipper didn't immediately kiss back as he was caught off guard but once he realized the sweet softness against his lips were in fact Bill's, his eyes closed and he allowed the seconds to drag out longer as they savored the moment of having their first kiss with each other together. Dipper felt his heart race. Dipper has never quite felt this way, much less kissed anyone before. He felt a rush of happiness and adoration for the first boy he has ever kissed. Dipper knew he would treasure this moment forever. Bill was the first to pull back since he asked for just a mere peck after all. Bill's heart fluttered when he saw how Dipper lit up from the kiss and couldn't help but smile. Bill admired the light pink blush that spread across Dipper's face and his soft pink lips that he had just kissed moments before and could feel nothing but utter happy ethereal peace.