Chapter 34: Communication

~Pyronica had put the humans back to their rooms once they were done eating and was now on her way to report to Bill. She knocked on the doors to Bill's office because Bill had ordered to knock first, but as the stubborn person she is, she didn't even wait for an invitation. She walks inside like she owns the room, just like she always does because she always walks with a lot of confidence.

"Bill I fed the prisoners-" Pyronica stopped, there was no Bill. The room looked empty but she could sense his dark aura which was very strong where she stood. She walked deeper into the office, "Bill?" She called. She peeked behind his desk, and even though she knew Bill had to be in the room, it still shocked her to see her king on the floor hiding behind his desk. "Bill, what the heaven are you doing sitting on the floor?"

Bill was frowning deeply, "Because I can."

Pyroncia noticed how puffy Bill's eyes were and how there were tear stains on his cheeks. "Wha- Bill have you been crying?"

Bill quickly wiped his face, "The heaven no. You're crying!" he snapped which only made Pyroncia frown with an unamused expression.

"What is wrong, Bill?" Pyroncia asked. She could care less to know what's wrong, but she felt pity to see her own king looking so miserable on the floor. She found it rather pathetic, but then again, she considers her job to be someone who makes sure the king is the best he could be.

"Nothing..." Bill muttered.

"It's clearly not nothing." Pyronica didn't want to push the conversation, but her king is clearly not okay so she forces herself to sit next to him on the floor. She couldn't help but cringe deeply when Bill looked at her as if she were crazy. "I don't like these emotional stuff so just spill your guts quickly so we can get this over with."

Bill sniffed a little, "I think I may have broken up with Dipper."

Pyroncia frowns, "Already? Wow your guy's relationship ended real quick." she snorts a little, "That's sad." Bill frowns at her. "Jeez sorry. What I meant to say is 'why' did you break up with him?"

Bill holds his own head. "Because I don't think Dipper is happy with me."

"What makes you say that?"

Bill shrugs, "I feel like he's ashamed to be with me."

"If that were the case then why would he agree to be your boyfriend in the first place?" Pyronica asked, resting her head on her hand.

Bill shrugs again, "I don't know, maybe he does like me but feels guilty to be with me? I don't understand humans."

Pyronica looks down at her nails and summons a filer to help fix them, "So he likes you but is ashamed to be with the king of the Underworld. I say that's understandable."

"You think so?" Bill asked timidly, feeling his heart breaking further. "Am I really that bad?"

"Terrible," Pyronica said, making Bill groan, pulling his knees to his chest to hide his face in. "But I doubt that's the case though. If he thought of you to be so terrible he wouldn't have kissed you in the first place, right? I mean I wouldn't, that's for sure. What did he say exactly?"

"What do you mean?" Bill asked, still drowning in his self-pity.

"I mean, what were his exact words when you found out he was ashamed of you, etc."

Bill lifts his head, "Well he didn't exactly say he was ashamed of me...."

Pyronica stops filing her nails to look at Bill with the most confused expression, "So how do you know he's not happy with you?"