Chapter 24: The Truth

Today is a great day, so here's an early update :)

~ Ms. Loba

~Younger Bill bites his lip, keeping quiet as he watched younger Dipper sniff a little and wipe away the building up tears, "This is so messed up." Dipper whispered.

Bill never has been good with emotions or reacting to them but it stung his heart a little to see Dipper so emotional. He had just found out the real truth behind his great uncle's death. He wanted to comfort him but he felt like he would only be awkward about it and Dipper would feel worse.

Dipper wiped his nose a little, letting out a small laugh. "I'm so stupid for crying, I never even met the man."

Bill fought against his own thoughts that prevented him from getting closer and listened to his feelings that were aching to comfort Dipper. He hesitantly put an arm around Dipper's shoulders and pulled him close. He even laid his head on his for extra comfort that Dipper much appreciated. "I guess it's not stupid to cry..." Bill muttered, not sure what else to say.

Dipper laughed a little, "I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say the same if it were you crying."

"Probably."

The two laughed, Dipper started to feel a little better which is the reason he sat up straight again, causing Bill to release his hold around the human boy. "Grunkle Stan is the guy who's looking after me and my sister during our stay here and he was Ford's twin brother. I would be miserable if I had to live without my twin sister Mabel." Dipper looked dead into Bill's eyes, "Don't tell her I said that."

Bill laughed, "I won't be able to tell her even if I wanted to. I'm stuck here forever, remember?"

Dipper shook his head, "You won't be for long." He then looked down at the notebook and began to look through it, trying to find anything, maybe a small hint on how to break this curse that Paul put on Bill. And when hope seemed to be lost, Dipper found Bill's full name written on the top of a page in big letters. Bill and Dipper looked at each other with wide eyes before quickly looking back at the page. Dipper smiled wide and let out a laugh of disbelief. "It's about the spell that was cast over this place!"

Bill wasn't smiling as much as Dipper, he seemed numbed. No reaction. "Does it say how to break it?" he asked in a monotone voice.

Dipper continued to read every detail his great uncle wrote. Until he finally stumbled upon the answer the two have been looking for. The answer that Bill has lost all hope in finding. It was there and Dipper looked up at Bill with a frown, he was a little confused about what he had just read. "It says it's impossible to break the spell without the help of Paul Daniel, but you can escape it by making a specific type of deal with a human. I don't understand what this deal even means."

Bill's eyes widened more a little when seeing what the deal was. He knew what it meant and it caused his hands to shake a little. Unsure of how to react. Was this real? Was this the answer?

Dipper noticed how Bill was holding his breath, "What's wrong?" he asked, concern for why Bill was acting so strangely. Bill opened his mouth to speak but no words came out so he quickly shut it again. "Did you not hear me? We finally figured out the way to get you out."

Bill's eyes for the first time watered and Dipper realized he wasn't shaking because he was angry or scared. Bill is emotional. "Am I really going to be free?" Bill's voice broke a little at the last word free.

Dipper gave him a warm smile and placed his hand over Bill's shaking ones. "Yes, you're going to be free." It was then silent but it wasn't awkward, it was a comforting silence that the two needed while looking at each other.