Chapter 53: The Final Chapter

~Gravity Falls, what once used to be a town that the world has forgotten, was now finally seeing the bright sun again. The bright sun shone down over the town, alongside a rainbow appearing from within the clouds after a rainy day. The people in the town that once used to be prisoners who held magic were once again normal humans walking about the town without a care, knowing that the hellhounds were no longer there to hurt them. The trees and grass were still wet and the mud was yet to dry but it all still looked perfect to the people as they walked through it. A glance up at the sky showed that there was no longer a giant pyramid that once hovered over the town.

The portal now stood on the ground, in the basement of the Shack, as one by one- demons and hellhounds walked through it, finally leaving the town of Gravity Falls. Bill stood by the portal keeping watch but his mind was elsewhere, not hearing Farah calling his name until she placed a hand on his shoulder to grab his attention. It worked but Bill snapped his head too quickly that it startled her.

"I'm sorry my highness, didn't mean to scare you." Farah apologized with her head held low.

"No, it's fine," Bill said, even his tone sounded as distanced as his gaze. Not loud but at least it was enough to be heard by Farah who was right in front of him. "What is it that you want?"

"I want to stay here in the human world, to stay with Gideon if that's okay?" Both Farah and Gideon were now holding hands, looking at Bill with pleading eyes.

Pyronica, who also stood beside the portal, frowned. "Bill already promised the people that we would ALL go back to the Underworld," she said. "You know it wouldn't be a good idea to stay-"

"You can stay," Bill answered simply. Pyronica eyed the demon with shock but before she could testify, Bill had already walked away. Pyronica followed after him, ignoring how Farah and Gideon happily hugged each other. She always found their relationship strange.

"Bill, are you sure that's for the best? For Farah to stay here?" Pyronica asked, as Bill right in front of the portal, staring off into it even if there wasn't anything you could see through it.

"She would be happier here with him, so just let them be," Bill ordered simply.

Pyronica could still see Bill was still not acting like himself. It was clear that Bill was still very much heartbroken even though they had long already buried Dipper's body where Bill wanted him to rest. Pyronica was all too honest; even she had to admit that she was also missing the strange little human. It would be strange to finally return home and not see Dipper walking around the halls with a book in hand or talking about the strangest facts he knew. To think maybe she would miss all those times Dipper had to scold her for harassing Gideon. If she was already missing those things about Dipper, she could barely imagine the amount of pain her king must be going through. The one who got to feel and touch him, hold him tight but now that was no longer possible. Even she could feel how depressing all this was and she didn't like it.

"Where's Amy?" Bill suddenly asked. He didn't ask about Moddey or Barghest because the two were already back in Bill's castle with the pups since Bill permitted them to return ahead of them. Amy would be just as depressed as Bill since the little demon looked up to Dipper like a father figure. There were even nights Dipper where would read her to sleep and tuck her into bed since he felt bad for the little orphan. But still, Bill has yet to see her. "Do you know if she's back in the Underworld?"

Pyronica shook her head, "I'm not sure, I haven't seen her actually." she answered honestly.

"If you do see her, tell her that she still has a room in my home," Bill said, beginning to step into the portal, ready to leave.