Chapter 44: Time is Going By Fast

~It's been 2 weeks now and it seems that things have been getting more crazy here at the pyramid in the sky. Bill has been having more meetings to finally finalize the list of the people who will be free first and the date. The demons are still a little worried that his plan won't work and only expose them but they trust Dipper so they're going along with the plan.

Gideon finally stopped whining to Dipper and has completely stopped bothering him all together because he has been hanging out a lot with Farah. Talking, playing games, they just won't leave each other's side. Dipper has met the demon and she seemed nice and Dipper could tell maybe this friendship could grow to be something else but that was just Dipper's thoughts.

When Bill wasn't hanging out with Dipper, Dipper would hang out with Moddey and Amy, helping bottle feed the pups who have been growing fast, and now were walking about the room with eyes wide open and ears pointing high in the air. They were such curious pups and they even started saying some words, but barely anything since they still need to learn how to communicate.

There have been no other signs of Paul trying to get into the Silent Woods or any other reports that a hellhound was murdered or such. So things have been calm if he ignores Bill's big piles of work and constant stressing but Dipper was always good at calming the demon down with his affection.

Now there was Barghest who would always come over every day to spend time with his pups and as far as the pups understand, they have two dads since Moddey has happily been raising them when Barghest was busy working back on the ground. Dipper also noticed that Moddey and Barghest got along well which is good since it would make things complicated if they didn't like each other. Not to mention, it has been a nice distraction as Moddey tried to heal from the loss of his mate. Moddey honestly has been way happier lately and that's always good to see.

"Hey, Moddey." Barghest barked while wagging his tail happily. He walked into the room and Dipper quickly rushed to close the door so the pups wouldn't escape because lately, they've been trying too. The little brown hell-pup slams its head into the door when trying to bolt out of the room, it stumbled on the floor and shook its little head before looking up at Dipper with a tilted head.

"Ouch," the pup said before scratching behind its own ear.

"What did I say about trying to escape?" Barghest said before licking his pup and pushing her down with his snout. Moddey walked over and gave a kiss to the little pup as well.

"Sowy." The little brown pup said and then happily joined her brothers in a wrestle.

"Have you two finally agreed on names for them yet?" Dipper asked, sitting on Amy's bed. "Or are we still calling them puppies?"

Barghest nods his head, "I actually came up with a few names." he said.

"What are they?" Moddey asked. Tilting his head to the side.

"Well," Barghest started, walking over to the little brown female and pushing her with his snout again, "We can name her Grim."

Moddey frowned confusedly, shocked with the mention of the name. "What?"

"You said before she looks like your mate who died, so I thought it would be nice to name her that." Barghest explained.

Moddey liked the name so he walked over to a male pup that was all white like his mother and Moddey licked it, giving the pup a small kiss. "We'll name this one Cora then." That was the name of Barghest's mate.

Barguest's ears rise, also liking the name, watching as the two pups who have names now wrestle with each other, knowing the two have a part of their mates living on now.