Chapter 13: It's Simple

~Dipper's eyes snap open.

He was laying on the floor back in the present time. McGucket looked over him with a wide smile. "Lookie here fellow! He has regained a puzzle piece!"

Dipper suddenly realized what the crazy man has meant all those years. His missing puzzle pieces; are his missing memories.

"You knew?!" Dipper asked as he quickly sat up only to groans in pain from the forced movement. It felt like he had reopened his wounds but he wasn't sure since he was too shocked by the old memories he has regained. He had met Bill personally the first summer he came here to Gravity Falls. "You knew I used to be friends-" Dipper had to stop himself. To call Bill Cipher a friend was the most disgusting thing he could ever do. "Did you know Bill Cipher and I used to know each other?"

McGucket frowns, "You used to be friends with Bill Cipher? Well isn't that just crazy!" He chuckles.

Dipper frowns, not expecting that type of reaction. "So you didn't know?" he asked asked carefully this time and McGucket answered with a simple shake of his head to say no. "Then why do you keep saying I have missing pieces and puzzles or whatever?"

"Well, that's because I hear you lost your puzzles after the invasion on these lands. I only wanted to help cause I too had lost most of my pieces. More than you, though." McGucket thinks to himself, "I lie, I lost all of it." He then lets out another loud chuckle.

Dipper felt as though he was going mad because no matter how hard he tried to remember what happened afterwards, his mind just goes blank. How did he get out of the Silent Woods? Did he continue to come back as he promised to Bill? Did they ever become close friends? Or did Bill Cipher just use him? Is that what Grunkle Stan meant when he said Ford went to the woods and never came back? Bill Cipher himself said it wasn't fun killing a small weak human, but Ford wasn't weak. Bill Cipher murdered his great uncle in the Silent Woods and Dipper was the one to help him escape?! Dipper didn't want that thought to be true but all these questions needs answers, but he didn't want to go to the monster himself. So he stares up at journal two.

"The journals, they have all my memories?" He asked, "You said there were three? Is Bill Cipher hiding the last one?"

McGucket didn't know how to answer, he didn't want Dipper to stuff his mind with all his memories at once. "Lookie fellow, the mind could only hold so much information at a time. You can't be jamming the puzzle piece into place or else it will break!"

"I need to know whether it was my fault that he escaped his prison!" Dipper snapped. McGucket just stares, unsure of how to convince him to take a break before gaining more memories but before he could even try anything, Dipper had already gotten up. Dipper again groans in pain again from his injuries but he continued to pushs through and reaches for the second journal.

But that's when blue flames rose all around the second journal like a shield, preventing Dipper from touching it and then came the sound of loud footsteps of Bill's heels tapping on the tiles, and the demon did not look happy at all.

"Bill Cipher," Dipper said behind his gritted teeth. "You knew this the whole time. That's why you couldn't kill me! Because, because-"

"Because of what, Pinetree?" Bill hissed. He was towering over Dipper, glaring down at him, daring him to finish his sentence. The gap between the two was very close as Bill tried to intimidate Dipper, trying to make him shiver in fear, but he was stupid to assume such a thing since he already knew Dipper very well.

"Because I'm your pet!" Dipper spat without hesitation.

Bill's face turned red quickly, not expecting such words to leave his mouth. If Bill was honest, he was very embarrassed to call Dipper such a name when they first met. His gaze fell to a wall as he took a few steps away from Dipper to pull himself together. He is the king of all, even these stupid humans, how dare he let a little human boy embarrassed him. No! For hell's sake, he's not embarrassed at all!