Chapter 47: Mabel, Please Listen

WARNING: This chapter contains self-harm but it DOES NOT contain suicide or depression!

~In the underground bunker waited many Exorcists, already having a room papered to hold demons. Mabel is one of the Exorcists waiting, but the tapping of her foot and fidgeting with her clothes showed she was rather impatient. She's waiting to hear news about her brother, to finally know whether he's alive or dead.

As Paul and his group managed to teleport safely inside the bunker using the magic of the sword. Everyone gave them space to drag in the unconscious demons but Paul was quick to turn around and point a stern finger at the Exorcists that were with him during the capturing of Bill, "None of you are allowed to speak about what happened up there, understood?" and with a simple command, they were all physically unable to reveal the truth about Dipper and Bill, even Gideon and Robbie.

Mabel pushed through the crowd, finally making it to the front only to freeze when seeing demons up close for the first time. Pyronica and Farah were the first to be thrown forcefully into a room that will be their prison. Then there was the most powerful of them all, Bill Cipher. Mabel finally got a good look at him, she was only a foot away from touching the monster. Everyone gasps in shock, the being they're all afraid of is now being thrown like a ragdoll into the room, no longer being the terrifying demon king.

The metal doors slam shut and the Exorcists made sure it's locked. Everyone in the room was finally able to breathe properly and once the shock was over everyone began to ask questions and follow Paul as he made his way towards his office, he was still holding his sword. Mabel ignored it all and just continued to look for Robbie, her eyes finally making eye contact with the guy but also with another familiar face. "Gideon?" She said with a distasteful tone.

"Mabel!" Robbie waved and rushed to her, Mabel was a little uneasy when she also saw Gideon walk with Robbie but to her surprise, the boy did not look too interested in her. As his mind was somewhere else and he looked very worried.

"Gideon, you're alive? Where's my brother?" Mabel asked, feeling hope rise in seeing the chance that Gideon is alive that maybe Dipper would be too. But her smile quickly faded when the two looked at her with worried expressions. "Why aren't you telling me?" She asked but the two looked at each other, unsure of what to do. They can't tell her, nor can they even try. So the two look away, ashamed. "Come on, tell me he's alive!" Mabel yelled, beginning to grow more frustrated. "I want to see my brother!" She blurted out again and pushed away from the two, rushing over to Paul's office. Not even caring whether she had permission to enter.

Once Mabel was gone from sight, Robbie finally turned towards Gideon, "Did you know about their relationship?" he asked, referring to Bill and Dipper.

Gideon slowly nods, "But he didn't betray us." he was quick to add, "He still was fighting for us, for the humans."

Robbie shook his head, finding it hard to believe. "If he didn't betray us then why did he fall for such a monster? Did they kiss and stuff?"

Gideon slides his hand through his hair in frustration, knowing everything has gone wrong and he's unsure of what to do. "They were like any normal couple but it's just that they had history and Bill... Bill isn't all that bad."

Robbie quickly hushed Gideon as he looked around, hoping no one could hear. "Is this even the same Gideon? How can you say that out loud?"

"But it's true." Gideon sighed, still very much worried about Farah and what was going to happen to her. "The demons aren't the ones at fault here, Robbie. You have to trust me in this and if you don't; then trust Dipper! Trust his judgment because he has been the one who spent the most time with Bill Cipher, and he's the one who has seen the good side of him." Gideon was very much serious and Robbie could see that in his eyes.