Chapter 4: Can Not Kill or Hurt

Don't forget to leave a vote and maybe you'll get more Bill Cipher drawings ;)

~Ms. Loba

~The next day was normal- some classes went by fast while others went by slow. Dipper decided to take some time after school to hang out in the library. The school had a very small library with very few books on the subject of magic and such which is what Dipper was interested in learning about. He found it strange how the whole history of magic usage in the town was not written in books to help younger students learn on their own instead of having to walk deep into the woods that's miles away from the town just to learn the basics of magic.

Either way, Dipper didn't dwell on the topic too much. What Mabel told him last night was really eating him up. Does he want to be in a romantic relationship with Wendy? All these years he was just forced on the fact that she's hot and cool but never once thought about being with her. Probably because she has a boyfriend so the thought never came to mind. But now that he was looking at it, it just didn't feel right.

"Do I want to be in a relationship with her?" Dipper said out loud but then frowned. "How can a simple question be so hard to answer?!"

"Shhh!" Ms. Davis the cranky old librarian hissed, putting her old wrinkled finger over her dry lips. Dipper cringed at the sight of her.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to be loud." He whispered as he went back to reading. No matter how many times he reread the page he just couldn't focus. He closed the book and sat it on his lap. He began to tap his finger over the hardcover, thinking. He then looked over at Ms. Davis and asked, "Then what is my type? What do I like in a girl? Who do I see myself with?"

Ms. Davis only frowned, confused by the boy's sudden weird questions. She then walked away pushing a cart of books down an aisle.

Dipper tapped on the book a few more times before opening it back up, trying to read again but it didn't last long. "What on earth do I like?" He sighed, feeling frustrated so he threw the book onto the table next to him.

"Having troubles in your love life, Dipper Pines?" Wendy suddenly appeared behind a bookshelf making him jump to get up from the chair only to push it back, making it crash into a bookshelf. A couple of books fell landing on his feet. Wendy quickly walked over to him. "You are a very jumpy person. Sorry for giving you such a scare."

Dipper tried his best to play it cool even though his foot was in great pain. "No, no it's okay." He said but his voice was getting higher pitched at the throbbing pain. "Wha-what are you doing here?"

"Well, I help out the librarian with the books and stuff." She said as she slipped a book into the bookshelf above Dipper's head. He really is small for his age. "So you have a girlfriend now?"

"What?-no..." Dipper fidgeted with his hands nervously. "Sadly."

Wendy laughs, "Don't worry about relationships and stuff. Coming across the right person will happen on its own. No need to be pushing it or worrying about it."

"Yeah," Dipper said with a sad tone, "I hear that a lot." Dipper is now 18 and still has never been in a serious relationship, he has dated girls before that he was attracted to but they never last long, probably because they could tell he wasn't fully into the relationship. Sure, people say there will be that one special someone that will stay but it doesn't stop him from feeling any less lonely.

Wendy noticed his mood going down so she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Dipper, dude. You are a great guy and whoever you do end up with will be a very lucky person. So don't feel so bummed out about it."