Chapter 7: Being a Predecessor

It's always so fun drawing Bill Cipher lol

~ Ms. Loba

~It has been a couple of months now since the hellhound incident and since then everything went back to normal. The freshmen were now learning how to use their sixth sense which is the first magic they get to learn as beginners.

Dipper, who has become Daniel's predecessor in defeating Bill, still hasn't gotten to learn anything about the plan or even earn the title of Exorcist. All Dipper has been doing is listening to Headmaster Daniel's lecture about the importance of trust and magic. After a couple of weeks of helping around his office and caring for him, he learned that Daniel does like to talk about himself a lot.

Don't get Dipper wrong, he looks up to Headmaster Daniel like he is a God himself. But he never expected him to talk about how cool and amazing he is all the time. It's as if he was just reminding him over and over that he's powerful, unstoppable, and handsome for an old man; His words, not Dipper's.

It was morning and both Dipper and Mabel were heading to school. Dipper kept checking their trash bins and other trash bins on the way to school since the two of them still haven't seen Old Man McGucket for months now. His son even came to their place, asking Grunkle Stan and Soos whether they had seen him. They have reason to believe that Old Man McGucket is dead.

The funeral is this weekend.

"Dipper I'm curious." Mabel suddenly said.

"Curious about what?" Dipper glances at Mabel with a raised brow.

"Do you think Bill Cipher keeps count of how many hellhounds he has?" she asked, Dipper could hear a little bit of worry in her tone. "If he did, wouldn't he have known that we killed one of his pets?"

Dipper frowns, thinking about the question a little. "I doubt Bill Cipher sees his hellhounds as pets. Maybe more like his mindless slaves that do his bidding." He thought out loud. "And if he did keep count then he would have known a long time ago that one of them went missing. Only magic could kill a hellhound, no regular human weapons so that means if that hellhound did go missing then a human is breaking his laws so he would have come after us by now. But he hasn't. He probably doesn't know one of his hellhounds had died."

Mabel nods at Dipper's reasoning. "Do you think he'll ever find Exonemesis?" she asked.

Dipper didn't know how to answer, of course, he doesn't know what the future has in hold for them or the school. "I honestly don't know." He pauses. He grew very serious. "But I know we will face him one day. And that day is when I'll kill him."

Mabel felt a shiver. Dipper was very serious and he was giving off such a scary dark aura of hate and she didn't like it. She coughed into her hand to lighten up the mood. "Wow then, that surely wasn't creepy at all." She chuckled nervously. "So, how's it being Headmaster Daniel's right-hand man in the plan?"

Dipper cringed, "Well he still hasn't talked about the plan."

"Whaaa? What have you been doing all these months?"

"I guess building trust with him?" Dipper said but he sounded as if he was asking a question.

"Why do you sound so unsure?" Mabel asked, "Haven't you been hanging out with him?"

Dipper sighs, "I'm just cleaning his office from time to time and helping him with paperwork. I'm more like a secretary than a predecessor."

Mabel frowns, "Well that's not fair."

Dipper snaps his head to Mabel, "Don't say that." He muttered, "Maybe it's training or something. Magic exercise."

"So cleaning an office and doing paperwork is what's going to end Bill Cipher once and for all?" Mabel couldn't help but giggle at her own sarcastic comment. Dipper only stays silent, muttering to himself to reassure himself that he is being helpful for Headmaster Daniel and he will trust him enough to let him on the plan soon.