Chapter 12: Journal One

~The travel bus comes to a halt right in front of the stop and the doors open. Both Dipper and Mabel step out with bags filled with clothes to last them the whole summer. This is the memory of the past when the two were 12 years old and the summer when Bill Cipher takes over Gravity Falls.

Dipper wore a red shirt with grey shorts and a puffy blue vest jacket and on top of his head, he wore a brown hat. Mabel wore her pink sweater and purple skirt with a pink headband on her head.

The two were now in the Mystery Shack, owned by their Grunkle Stan, looking around the strange place. Mabel of course was very bright and seeing everything as a positive while Dipper on the other hand was very curious about the whole place. He couldn't help but frown at some of the objects that are fake, causing people to get scammed into willing giving up their money to his greedy Grunkle Stan. Even his eye-patch is fake and he would occasionally switch it from his right to his left eye.

The Pine twins later went upstairs to find the room they will be sleeping in for the whole summer. Mabel was quick to jump on the dirty old bed to put a poster up on her side of the room. Dipper on the other hand takes his time to look around the room, noticing how messy and out of shape it was. Mabel sat on her bed and showed her hands which was impaled with so tiny pieces of wood. "This attic is amazing! Just look at all my splitters."

Dipper walks over to his bed only to find a brown goat, he frowns, not at all looking happy about it. "And there's a goat on my bed."

"Hello, friend!" Mabel called, she stepped closer to the animal. The goat was quick to take a bite on her sweater. "Oh! Yes, you can keep chewing on my sweater." She giggles.

"You're so weird..." Dipper muttered and turned his head to look out the window that had such a strange looking triangle designed on it. "This place is perfect for you."

Mabel jumps on her bed, "I've only been here for a few seconds and I'm already in love with this place." She then too looks out the window and spots a small hill. "Oh, I'm definitely going to roll down that."

Dipper shakes his head with amusement. "You've been here for only a couple of seconds, Mabel. You can't be already in love with this place. Everything is so new and so strange-"

"Boo!" A voice yells from right behind them, trying to scare the twins and it worked since a high pitch scream escaped from Dipper's mouth. The masked man begins to laugh as he takes it off to relieve himself as their Grunkle Stan, "Oh god you scream like a little girl!" Dipper only frowns, not very pleased at his little prank and insult. "Worth it-" he coughed. He cleared his throat before talking again. "Anyway, if you two are planning to go outside and explore just don't go into the Silent Woods. It's forbidden."

"Silent Woods?" Dipper questioned. "Where is that?"

Grunkle Stan walks over to the window they were looking out from and points, "Those dark trees over there are where the Silent Woods start. It's said to be the quietest forest of all of Gravity Falls. Also the most dangerous of all."

"Why is it so dangerous?" Mabel asked.

Grunkle Stan had to think about it a little before answering, "Actually, no one knows. But all I know is my brother went there and never came back out." Both Dipper and Mabel look at each other when noticing the hint of sadness in his eyes.

"I've heard a lot about him before from our parents. They say I'm just like him." Dipper pointed out. "Smart and anti-social."

Grunkle Stan laughs, "What a bunch of nerds." Dipper didn't smile at the comment since people had called him that all his life. He takes it as more of an insult than a joke. "Now go crazy outside, I don't care. Just don't touch anything in my shack." and like that Grunkle Stan heads downstairs.