XII.

Jade
"I'm not going to ask you again."

I attempt to fly away but he's faster. My body gets slammed into the wall with such a force that creates a crater on the stone wall. I clench my jaw while my body throbs from the pain. I lose focus and shift back into my human form.

"How hard was that?"

I can tell he's staring at my strange birthmark on my neck and I move my shoulder up in order to block it.

"It's rude to stare at a lady even if she is your granddaughter."

"That mark where did you get it from?"

"It's been there since I've been born."

"Impossible there hasn't been a woman vampire born unto this family."

"You're right not yet, but your son Jaime has a daughter. I am she and she is me. I need your help grandfather I'm stuck in this loop that involves me with a mob that swears I'm murdering their cattle. No matter how far I travel they always catch up to me in the morning of the next day. How do I break this chain?"

"Simple slaughter them."

"There has to be another way."

"During this time it isn't and from the looks of it you've never had human blood before."

"Can't say I have."

"This is going to be fun to watch. We'll move out when the moon is in the sky. For now rest child."

I climb on the couch and pull the covers over my head. When I wake up I see my grandfather gazing out of the window. He transforms into his bat form and I follow him.

'First we are going to hunt them.'

'Right they were this way.'

'Use your senses. What do you hear?'

'Sounds like liquor being swooshing in a glass bottle and snoring. I smell a fire.'

When we swoop in we see the mob around a campfire.

'When you hunt you have to pick them off without alerting the rest of them.'

I see one of them going deeper into the woods. He says a curse word because he cut his leg on a sharp branch. My instinct takes over and I hold him while sinking my fangs into his neck. The sweet taste of blood starts to slide down my esophagus and I don't stop until there's nothing left of him. I lick my lips and turn to the others and one by one there's no one left.

I run through the woods and come upon a town. Before I can enter the town my grandfather's hand grabs my arm.

"No."

"Yes."

"They're off limits. Anything that is in the woods at night is ours but the town is off limits."

Anger sets in and I push him away from me. He shoots me with something and I crumble to the ground. He carries me back to his home and holds me down until the morning comes. The realization sets in but I'm glad that the mob isn't trying to kill me this morning.

"I killed them. I'm a monster."

"No they were going to kill you with no hesitation and you defended yourself against them."

He holds my shoulder and gives it a squeeze.

"I'm going to have to teach you how to control your thirst."

"Gertrude come in here. This is my feeding scout as I like to call her."

The feeling of hunger rushed over me and I practically pounce on Gertrude.

Kiyah
I wake up in a glass cube and around my wrist are some sort of handcuffs. There's an analog clock on the wall that just ticks and rock at me in a mocking matter. When I start straining against the handcuffs I start feeling a burning sensation and I grunt through gritted teeth.

"I see you have awaken my love."

"What the hell do you want from me?"

"Now sugar plum do I need to keep you sedated?"

"No."

"I don't believe it say it with meaning."

"No you don't my love."

"Better. So you're probably wondering why you're in there."

"I am."

I'm trying to keep my cool but it's very hard when you're trapped against your will.

"You're my experiment of course! I'm going to show you off to the alliance of supernaturals. I'm making a serum to transform anyone who wishes to become a werewolf. Then I'm going to build an army of werewolves and control the world. Everyone will bow down to me and I will be the richest man in the world!!"

'You hearing this? Hello anyone home?! Kaleah!'

"You look like you're deep in thought. You'll have all night for your thoughts."

He comes closer to the screen between us and I just look at him.

"Is this really necessary for me to wear this?"

"Yes it is so you won't be at your full power, but I guess that won't matter because I extracted your inner wolf."

I try not to react to the news the best way I can without giving him any satisfaction. My eyes wonder until they land on the spirit of my inner wolf in a tube of fluid. I can tell Kaleah is agitated and wants her freedom.

Zayne
"I don't care what you have to do!! Find my daughter!!!"

"Alpha I..."

"I can't stand to look at you nor smell your scent Oryan!! I have half the mind to strip you from your title and ban you from the pack!! Leave out of my presence!!"

I have my best trackers picking up on the scent of my daughter and Jade. I have my witches trying to use magic to enhance our search.

"Alpha..."

"If it isn't good news I don't want to hear it!!"

A member of my pack scurries away.

"Zayne you can't keep carrying on like this boss...not just for your own health but for the pack too."

"I won't eat, sleep, or rest until I have my daughter back safe in my arms at my home Carter!!!"