XX.

Kiyah
"All will be clear soon."

My mother's image fades. The pool of water starts to bubble. Kairi shoots out of the water and starts her harmonious song.

"I have decided to become one with you Kiyah. You have proven yourself worthy."

Kaleah and my magic hovers around her. All of them rush toward me and I close my eyes while accepting them. When I open my eyes my skin is glowing and I feel more at peace with myself. I sit on the ground and cross my legs. I take a deep breath and exhale.

My eyes are met with his and he moistens his lips.

"You look like you want to eat me."

"Hmm."

He clears his throat and I snap out of the trance I was in.

"You had your energy filling the room. You have to learn how to control it."

"You want me to mask my emotions?"

"Yes. When you are in battle you don't want them to take advantage of your emotions. Balancing yourself was only half the part."

"Okay. I think I understand."

"You look as though you have a question. What is it?"

"What's your name? Do you have a pack? What about a mate?"

"Whoa slow down. My name is my identity and it keeps me unique. I'll tell you my name after you win this battle. I don't have a mate."

I can barely contain the squeal inside of me and I just try to keep my emotions at bay.

'Come on Ki you can do this!'

"I need to send word home about my safety."

"Don't be long."

I take a deep breath and focus on the rhythm of my heart. I imagine Jade and I unlock the block I placed on our mindlink.

'Jade I don't have much time but I wanted you to know I'm safe. I should be back soon. Love you.'

I lock the mindlink back and once I open my eyes I feel that my cheeks are damp. I join him in the living room and he's studying my face. I hope he doesn't see through this facade. If he did he doesn't let on that he did.

"Shift."

"Into which one?"

"Start with your wolf form."

I shift into Kaleah and look up at him for further instructions.

"Shift back."

I'm back into my human form looking at him and wondering why I'm doing this. He has me shift faster and faster. Piece of cake and I don't even break a sweat.

"Shift into the siren."

I hesitate and try to stall a bit.

"You know I think I could go for a glass of water right about now."

"Kiyah."

"Wait how do you know my name?"

"I...well it has to do with my pack."