XLIV.

A flash of lightning lights up the brewing storm clouds and the Earth begins to rapidly tremble. Kiyah puts her right fist in the air and talks over her shoulder.

"Hold your ground!"

Everyone holds their balance as their eyes search for the source of such intrusion. The Earth begins to split until it stops in front of Kiyah's shoe. Jade mouths to Kiyah "Are you doing this?"

Kiyah mouths back, "No."

The dark one materializes in front of Kiyah.

"Peek a boo. Last chance to switch sides my dear." She says.

"Never. Attack!" Kiyah says as she begins to rush forward.

The dark one's image dissipates with a cloud of smoke and a coven of witches appear with the strange creatures from the convention along with shadow figures. They begin chanting which Kiyah and Jade sends a protection spell over their ranks. The spell ricochets back on the dark one's army. A few creatures bellow from the impact and it ignites their anger. The dark magic witches conjure up weapons and disappear. When they reappear they are integrated in ranks of the heroin. With a slight distraction the other shadow creatures and creatures charge while the witches attack. Nymphs slide into the ranks and push a few shadow figures out while their cloud sisters send lightning down to strike them. Jade and Kiyah fight back to back covering each other from dangers unknown.

Kiyah
A shadowy figure approaches me and vanishes. I shrug my shoulder and it appears back in front of me as a shadow of me. Every way I try to go it blocks me. I try to take it out only for it to copy my moves. I shift into Kaleah and it shifts too. I shift back into my human form.

"Not a whole copycat. Can't speak can you?"

It mimics the sound of my voice and I roll my eyes.

I use an illuminating spell and it explodes. I dust my hands off and glance around. A strange creature has Jade fighting for her life and I join her by her side.

"Not tryna leave me this soon are you?"

"Not a chance."

She baseball slides under its underside and it explodes. I don't know about her but I'm getting tired. I only shifted one time but I have been using more magic than anything. Our numbers are still strong while theirs are significantly dwindling. It looks as though we've won but deep down I know we are far from it.

Jade
While we were busy fending off our enemies we didn't realize what was transpiring behind the scenes until now. Across the way an army copy of each of us is on the other side.

"What in the actual hell is this?"

"Ivorie how many lightning bolts do you think your sisters can send down?"

"Not enough to strike down all of them before they are upon us."

The odds are against us and it's damn if we do damn if we don't.

'Kiyah what if we just start a fire instead that will block them from crossing over here.'

'Fires are hard to contain and it would be a risk to Ivorie's home.'

'We have to do something.'

'I know.'

'What if we get them to uncover the moon?'

'The reason the clouds are up there is to lessen their power.'

'Trust me.'

Kiyah gives me a long look before curtly nodding at me.

"Ivorie tell your sisters to unblock the moon." I say with my voice dripping with authority.

"Kiyah please no. Your sister is insane. What about our ranks?" Ivorie begs.

"Don't worry I'll protect them." Kiyah runs off towards a nearby water source and holds her thumb up when she gets there. Ivorie shoots a glare before telling her sisters to expose the moon. The shadow army begins to morph from the moon's glow. A whistling sound pierced through the sky. A ball of fire heads straight for the trees.

"I got it!" Ace says as he transforms into a giant dog. He catches it in his mouth and immediately spits it out.

"Spicy meatball!"

The extinguished fireball then rolls onto the grass. Strange materials are within the ball but before I can investigate it three more are flying through the sky.

"Where are they coming from?"

Kiyah transforms into her siren form and tries to extinguish them only for it to fail her. While she focuses on containing the growing flame we are being attacked by ogres? What ever it is let's just say the beauty genes skipped them.

Kiyah
"What type of flame is this?" I mumble out loud.

"The same kind I used on your mother."

"Don't be shy come out where I can see you."

I lazily look around while trying to rack my brain for a spell any spell that'll put this out. My mind is shifting through the overflowing data slowly.

"You may as well cease the water stream it's not going to work."

I drop my hands and the dark one appears before me. I shoot water in her vicinity and a sharp blow connects to the back of my neck.

"Foolish child. Is this who the fates chose to defeat me?"

I lift myself up and look at her. I swing my right arm hoping it will connect but of course it doesn't.

"Silly girl can't even fight a mirage version me. You wouldn't even last fighting me in my physical form. Don't worry I might deliver a quick death."

She multiplies and there isn't a way I could fight her on my own. Jade I need her this is our prophecy. The spell to put out the flames pops into my head and I extinguish them. The damage has already taken its toll on the woods. I glance towards the battlefield and see they have their hands full.

"Even out the playing field and it'll be more enjoyable."

I run towards the others on the field.