XXVIII.

Kiyah
I start pacing back and forth trying to wrap my mind about time.

"This has to be the dark one's doing. She's upset that I didn't accept her offer. Home! I have to contact them and see if everything is alright. I have to go in person I don't want to freak them out over a mindlink. This is a conversation to be had in person." I ramble without missing a beat.

"You know seeing your family will be good." He says while leaning against the wall.

"Okay bet. Did you want to come?" I ask before I make any movements.

"I'll be preparing for the battle for tomorrow and getting all of the necessary materials packed up." He says as he pushes off of the wall.

"Okay. Thanks." I say and I teleport back to the wolf pack main house. Everyone around me has stopped talking and moving items just to look at me.

"She's back." I hear someone say.

I clear my throat and keep walking to my dad's office. Before I can get close enough to it the door swings open and he has his arms stretched out wide. I run and jump into his arms. He closes the door behind us and place me onto the floor. He holds me in his arms for a while and I promise tears threaten to fall. I sniffle and they begin falling. My dad holds me tighter and it seems as though hours have past.

"Kiki." He says as he pulls away to look at me closer.

"Yeah dad?" I say while looking into his brown eyes.

"Why do you reek of a male wolf?" He says as calmly as he can.

"He's my trainer." I say while a smile creeps up on my face.

"Is that why you didn't come back home? I could have trained you personally." He says while slightly creasing his forehead.

"Well yeah it's part of the reason." I admit.

"Did he mark you?" He says while searching my neck with his eyes.

"No I mean I don't think he did. Dad that's not why I'm here." I say while trying to fight the blush that is trying to settle on my cheeks.

"Have a seat." He commands and I do what he says.

He walks over to the window and twiddle his thumbs behind his back.

'What troubles you daughter?' He mindlinks me without turning to face me.

'Time. Someone has slowed it down.' I mindlink him.

'I see I'll have to council with Cartier and Jaime.'

'Dad this is me and Jade's prophecy to fulfill. If you're going to council you have to include us. We are more than likely to take care of ourselves.' I say and wait for his rebuttal.

'Kiyah I don't plan on letting you out of my sight again.' He says and his beta enters into his office.

"Hey Princess. How are you doing?" Cartier says as Jaime walks in behind him followed by Jade.

"Hey Cartier. I've been great but I'm better now that I'm home." I say while beaming at him.

Jade and I hug. She pinches my arm and my arm goes immediately to the spot she pinched.

"Ow much?" I say in a sarcastic tone.

"That's for leaving me." She says while smirking at me.

"Now that everyone is here let's start this meeting." My dad says as he takes a seat at the head of the table.

'We finally get to be apart of the meetings!!! Aren't you excited?!" I ask Jade through our telepathic connection.

'I am!!' Jade says.

"Ahem. Kiyah and Jade." Beta Cartier says and we refocus our attention on them.

"It appears as though someone is altering time." I blurt out and Jade's heartbeat speeds up.

"I can explain. You see I did it." Jade confesses.

"Why?" I ask.

"I wanted everyone to have enough time to train and to do what needed to be done." She says while looking at ms with pleading eyes.

I send her a reassuring smile and give her shoulder a squeeze.

"Well that is settled." Jaime says while breathing out.

"That part of the meeting is at least." Beta Cartier says.

"What?" I say while looking at Jade.

"You my dears will not be fighting in this war. Cartier take them to their designated areas."

"Dad! You can't do this! This is our war!"

"I am the alpha of this pack and these are my resources being used for this war. I will and will do as I may. It doesn't matter if you like it or not! Do I make myself clear?!"

I look away from him in defiance and I don't care about the room being full of people. He grabs my jaw and forces me to stare up at him while he's applying pressure. My bones creak threatening to break at any moment.

"Yes alpha." I finally yield.

Cartier leads us into a room to where I can still see Jade, but there's a wall separating us. He throws a black stone like object into my room as he leaves.

'This will be a piece of cake.' I think to myself as I think of a spell to get me out of here. When I try my spell I feel my powers get weaker and I can't figure what's draining it. My eyes drift to the stone in the corner of the room and I try a more simple spell. I see a piece of my essence drift towards the stone.

"Jade don't use your magic at all!" I scream and bam on the window.

'Kaleah! Kairi! What's going on?'

'Your magic is flickering on and off.' Kaleah says.

'You feel this energy?' Kairi says before I can no longer hear them.

I sit cross legged on the floor and focus on the energy entering the room. I follow it it to its source. It leads me to another witch. This has to be a dream.